Affiliation: Gulhane Military Medical Academy
- Freezing of Apheresis Platelet Concentrates in 6% Dimethyl Sulfoxide: The First Preliminary Study in TurkeySoner Yilmaz
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Blood Training Center and Blood Bank, Ankara, Turkey Phone 90 312 304 49 02 E mail
Turk J Haematol 33:28-33. 2016..Transfusion of platelet suspensions is an essential part of patient care for certain clinical indications. In this pioneering study in Turkey, we aimed to assess the in vitro hemostatic functions of platelets after cryopreservation...
- A strategical re-thinking on National Blood Donor Pool: Anti-HBc positivity related re-entry mechanismsSoner Yilmaz
Regional Blood Center, Gulhane Military Academy of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey Electronic address
Transfus Apher Sci 54:271-5. 2016..In this study, we studied the magnitude of blood donor gain by using a re-entry mechanism in our Blood Bank of Gulhane Military Academy of Medicine...
- [Rapid detection of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases by flow cytometry method]Serhat Duyan
Gulhane Military Academy of Medicine, Regional Blood Center, Ankara, Turkey
Mikrobiyol Bul 49:600-8. 2015..In conclusion, flow cytometry is a rapid and reliable method for the detection of ESBL in clinical microbiology laboratories when compared with the other methods...
- [Investigation of various virulence factors among the hospital and community-acquired Staphylococcus aureus isolates by real-time PCR method]Soner Yilmaz
Department of Medical Microbiology, Gulhane Military Academy of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Mikrobiyol Bul 46:532-45. 2012..3%; 34% and 47%; 19% and 32%, respectively. It was concluded that high prevalence of SEA toxin in hospital acquired MRSA isolates indicated that there was a possible association between the presence of toxin and antimicrobial resistance...
- Is one-size-fits-all strategy adequate for platelet storage?Ibrahim Eker
Department of Pediatric Hematology, Gulhane Military Academy of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 55:323-328. 2016..However, recent reports show that PSs stored at 4 °C possess superior hemostatic properties. We compared the viabilities and thrombin generation capacities of PSs stored either at 4 °C or 22 °C hours...