Affiliation: Faculty of Medicine
- Salt and nitric oxide inhibition induced hypertension: the role of prostacycline and 8-isoprostaneSelcuk Ilhan
Firat University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Elazig, Turkey
Clin Exp Hypertens 33:84-8. 2011..Also, it is suggested that augmented oxidative stress may aggravate the hypertension. But the renal synthesis of PGI(2) is increased in order to augment the diuresis and natriuresis without the effect of blood pressure (BP)...
- Salt and nitric oxide synthase inhibition-induced hypertension: kidney dysfunction and brain anti-oxidant capacitySuleyman Oktar
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty of Mustafa Kemal University, Hatay, Turkey
Clin Exp Hypertens 32:352-7. 2010..L-NNA increased brain SOD activity, but not CAT and NO levels. In conclusion, salt-loading causes hypertension, kidney dysfunction, and enhances oxidative stress in salt-sensitive rats...
- Ceftriaxone ameliorates cyclosporine A-induced oxidative nephrotoxicity in ratNigar Yilmaz
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Mustafa Kemal University, Hatay, Turkey
Cell Biochem Funct 29:102-7. 2011..In conclusion, we observed that ceftriaxone is beneficial on CycA-induced oxidative stress in kidney of rats by modulating oxidative and antioxidant system...
- Effects of caffeic acid phenethyl ester on isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction in ratsSuleyman Oktar
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Mustafa Kemal University, 31040, Hatay, Turkey
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 10:298-302. 2010..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effects of CAPE on isoproterenol (ISO) -induced myocardial infarction...
- Protective effect of caffeic acid phenethyl ester on cyclosporine A-induced nephrotoxicity in ratsAhmet Gökçe
Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, Mustafa Kemal University, Hatay, Turkey
Ren Fail 31:843-7. 2009..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effects of CAPE on cyclosporine A (CsA)-induced nephrotoxicity...
- The effect of caffeic acid phenethyl ester on isoproterenol-induced myocardial injury in hypertensive ratsSelcuk Ilhan
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Fırat University Elazığ Turkey
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 14:576-82. 2014..The aim of this study is to investigate the effects of caffeic acid phenethyl ester (CAPE) on isoproterenol (ISO)-induced myocardial injury in hypertensive rats...
- Melatonin attenuates renal ischemia-reperfusion injury in nitric oxide synthase inhibited ratsEsra Deniz
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
Acta Histochem 108:303-9. 2006..These results suggest that melatonin reduces BP and I/R injury in NOS inhibited rats by L-NAME...
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced hypertension: The beneficial effects of melatoninSelcuk Ilhan
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty of Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
Toxicol Ind Health 31:298-303. 2015..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the effects of melatonin on biochemical and cardiovascular changes resulting from exposure to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD), a polychlorinated dibenzo-para-dioxin...