Affiliation: Ege University
- Quantitative immunohistochemical analysis of nitric oxide synthases and apoptosis regulator proteins in the fetal rat brain following maternal uterine artery ligationAysegul Uysal
Department of Histology and Embryology, Ege University, Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Neurosci 118:891-901. 2008..Bcl-2 expression was significantly decreased in ventricular zone; whereas cortical zone of IUGR group expressed p53 immunoreactivity...
- The detrimental effects of diabetes on pluripotency determined by KLF4, SOX2, C-MYC and OCT4 immunoreactivity in rat testesHuseyin Aktug
Department of Histology and Embryology, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Adv Clin Exp Med 22:327-35. 2013..Diabetic conditions result in testicular oxidative stress and suppressed male reproductive activity as well as decreases in both testicular organ weights and subject weights...
- Constructive effect of exogenous melatonin against osteoporosis after ovariectomy in ratsSerap Uslu
Department of Histology and Embryology, Ege University School of Medicine, TR 35100 Izmir, Turkey
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 29:317-25. 2007..To analyze histomorphometric, densitometric and biochemical effects of melatonin on osteoporosis in ovariectomized rats...
- Comparison of cell cycle components, apoptosis and cytoskeleton-related molecules and therapeutic effects of flavopiridol and geldanamycin on the mouse fibroblast, lung cancer and embryonic stem cellsHuseyin Aktug
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Tumour Biol 37:12423-12440. 2016..Our results revealing differences in molecular mechanisms between embryogenesis and carcinogenesis may prove crucial in developing novel therapeutics that specifically target cancer cells...
- The antioxidant role of agomelatine and gallic acid on oxidative stress in STZ induced type I diabetic rat testesGurkan Yigitturk
Ege University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Histology and Embryology, Izmir, Turkey Electronic address
Biomed Pharmacother 87:240-246. 2017..In conclusion, it was observed that AG is a potentially beneficial agent for reducing testicular damage by decreasing oxidative stress level. However, GA was seen to have a poor therapeutic effect...
- Expression profiling of stem cell signaling alters with spheroid formation in CD133(high)/CD44(high) prostate cancer stem cellsGulperi Oktem
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Ege University, Bornova, Izmir 35100, Turkey
Oncol Lett 7:2103-2109. 2014..The current study suggested that this differentiation process may be a mechanism responsible for the malignant process and tumor growth...
- Resveratrol attenuates doxorubicin-induced cellular damage by modulating nitric oxide and apoptosisGulperi Oktem
Ege University Medical Faculty, Department of Histology and Embryology, TR 35100 Izmir, Turkey
Exp Toxicol Pathol 64:471-9. 2012..Our data indicate that RES may prevent cellular damage in the early phase of DOX induced toxicity. RES could be used with its beneficial effects during early cellular damage in organ toxicity after DOX treatment in cancer patients...
- Evaluation of the Effects of STZ-Induced Diabetes on In Vitro Fertilization and Early Embryogenesis ProcessesHuseyin Aktug
Department of Histology and Embryology, Ege University Medical School, 35100 Izmir, Turkey
J Diabetes Res 2013:603813. 2013..In summary, experimentally induced diabetes was found to influence gap junctions, cell adhesion molecules, and associated proteins which all have important roles in germ cell maturation, fertilization, and development...
- Alterations of brain tissue in fetal rats exposed to nicotine in utero: possible involvement of nitric oxide and catecholaminesAytul Onal
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Ege University, Bornova, Izmir 35100, Turkey
Neurotoxicol Teratol 26:103-12. 2004..In conclusion, maternal nicotine exposure may lead to structural abnormalities of the fetal brain tissue and may result in decreased levels of NO and increased levels of catecholamines and their metabolites...
- Changes in vascularity of cartilage endplate of degenerated intervertebral discs in response to melatonin administration in ratsMehmet Turgut
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, Adnan Menderes University, Aydin, Turkey
Neurosurg Rev 26:133-8. 2003..Further studies are needed to characterize fully the relevance of our findings for the treatment of disorders such as postmenopausal osteoporosis...