Affiliation: Ege University
- Articular cartilage homeostasis after anterior cruciate ligament reconstructionE Taskiran
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Ege University, School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 6:93-8. 1998..Long-term monitoring is needed to see whether these findings are early signs of osteoarthritis. Further studies may more clearly demonstrate the effect of the surgical procedure on knees with acute and subacute ACL deficiency...
- Effect of the vastus medialis obliquus on the patellofemoral jointE Taskiran
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Ege University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 6:173-80. 1998..These findings do not support the hypothesis of dominant centralizing effect of VMO on the patella in extension, but the effect of the VMO may be more clearly demonstrated by measuring PTA in both QC and QU positions...
- Chronic synovitis caused by a date palm thorn: An unusual clinical pictureEmin Taskiran
Ege University School of Medicine Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Izmir, Turkey
Arthroscopy 18:E7. 2002..Arthroscopy is the most valuable method of meeting both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes as it provides the best visibility of the joint with lower morbidity...
- Proteoglycan fragments in anterior cruciate ligament reconstructed knees: a comparative study of two different surgical techniquesEmin Taskiran
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Ege University School of Medicine, 35100 Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 13:385-92. 2005..Reconstruction with quadruple ST does not seem to have the same effect until 18 months postoperatively. Achievement of almost the same level of activity and function in both groups does not necessarily reflect the molecular status...
- [Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in skeletally immature patients]Emin Taskiran
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Medicine Faculty of Ege University, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 38:101-7. 2004..It should be kept in mind that functional outcomes of ACL reconstructions in skeletally immature patients are inferior to those obtained in adults even after a prudent surgical approach without associated growth disturbances...
- Differential corticomotor control of a muscle adjacent to a painful jointArzu Yagiz On
Ege University Medical School, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 18:127-33. 2004..To assess the effects of chronic knee pain on neural control of the nearby quadriceps muscle...
- Analysis of meniscal and chondral lesions accompanying anterior cruciate ligament tears: relationship with age, time from injury, and level of sportReha N Tandogan
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Baskent University, Fevzi Cakmak Caddesi 10 sokak no 45, Bahcelievler, 06490, Ankara, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 12:262-70. 2004..Multivariate analysis demonstrated that TFI and age were equally important predictors of lateral meniscal tears and of grade 3 or 4 chondral lesions; however, TFI was the better predictor of medial meniscal tear...
- [Tibial plateau fracture following oblique osteotomy of the tibial tubercle: a case report]Cengizhan Kurt
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology Ortopedi ve Travmatoloji Anabilim Dali, Medicine Faculty of Ege University, 35100 Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 36:362-5. 2002..Due to inherent biomechanical limitations, complications may arise following oblique osteotomy of the tibial tubercle even adequate care is given to the surgical technique...
- Exogenously administered adenosine attenuates renal damage in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsEmin Taskiran
a Department of Internal Medicine, Tepecik Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Ren Fail 38:1276-82. 2016..Diabetic nephropathy (DNP) is one of the most serious complications of diabetes mellitus (DM). In the present study, we investigated the potential of adenosine as a therapeutic candidate for preventing DNP...
- Simultaneous bilateral tibial tubercle avulsion fracture in a basketball playerMetin Ergün
Department of Sports Medicine, Ege University School of Medicine, 35100 Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 11:163-6. 2003..No angular deformity at all on the frontal plane was determined upon radiological examination. Tibial slope angles were symmetrical and within the normal range. There were visible small bone fragments inside the left patellar tendon...
- [Autologous osteochondral transplantation]Emin Taskiran
Ege Universitesi Tip Fakültesi Ortopedi ve Travmatojoji Anabilim Dali, Izmir, Turkey
Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 41:70-8. 2007..Currently, no surgical technique or medical treatment provide complete healing of articular cartilage defects. Autologous osteochondral transplantation is an important stage worthy of improvement in this respect...