Affiliation: Ege University
- Association between anti-endomysial antibody and total intestinal villous atrophy in children with coeliac diseaseF Ozgenc
Department of Paediatrics, Ege University, Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
J Postgrad Med 49:21-4; discussion 24. 2003..There is growing evidence to suggest that detection of anti-gliadin antibody (AGA) and anti-endomysial antibody (EmA) can serve as sensitive markers of the degree of histological abnormalities in patients with coeliac disease...
- Comparison of antiviral effect of lamivudine with interferon-alpha2a versus -alpha2b in children with chronic hepatitis B infectionFunda Ozgenc
Ege University, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Turkey
Antivir Ther 9:23-6. 2004..To compare additive efficacy of combination therapy including interferon (IFN)-alpha2a+lamivudine (3TC) to IFN-alpha2b+3TC in children with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection...
- Regenerative nodule mimicking hepatocellular carcinoma in a cirrhotic child due to hepatitis B: an imaging dilemmaFunda Ozgenc
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Ege University, School of Medicine, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Pediatr Transplant 8:198-200. 2004..False negative results from screening methods are familiar in the literature; however false positivity of a contrast CT study is rare. The significance of screening methods is discussed...
- Effect of long-term lamivudine in chronic hepatitis B virus-infected childrenFunda Ozgenc
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Ege University, Turkey
Antivir Ther 9:729-32. 2004..To evaluate, retrospectively, biochemical, serological and histological responses in chronic hepatitis B (CHB)-infected children who received combination therapy and continued with prolonged treatment with lamivudine (3TC)...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma in children and effect of living-donor liver transplantation on outcomeC Arikan
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Ege University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Pediatr Transplant 10:42-7. 2006..OLT is a life-saving procedure for children with chronic liver disease accompanying with HCC. Living-donor OLT avoids the risk of tumor progression and transplant ineligibility in these children...
- Outcome of pediatric liver transplant recipients in Turkey: single center experienceS Aydogdu
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, Ege University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Pediatr Transplant 9:723-8. 2005..Despite technical and medical progress, infectious and biliary problems have continued to be an important cause of mortality in these patients...
- Immune status and autoantibody formation in children with chronic hepatitis B infectionF Unal
Department of Pediatric Immunology and Pediatric Gastroenterology, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Panminerva Med 44:353-7. 2002..Therefore, the aim of the study was to determine the cellular and humoral immune parameters of the patients with chronic HBV and to evaluate the prevalence of autoantibodies before the beginning of immunomodulator and antiviral therapy...
- Comparison of sequence analysis and INNO-LiPA HBV DR line probe assay in patients with chronic hepatitis BR Y Sertoz
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Ege University Medical Faculty, Turkey
J Chemother 17:514-20. 2005..LiPA allows determination of mixed variants and seems to be more sensitive and simple for routine testing even though sequence analysis is still the gold standard for detecting new variants...
- Transient fetal myelosuppressive effect of D-penicillamine when used in pregnancyM Yalaz
Neonatology Division, Department of Pediatrics, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Minerva Pediatr 55:625-8. 2003..The baby showed neutropenia and leucopenia for 5 days and resolving without any further therapy. Intrauterine D-penicillamine was suspected to cause transient neonatal myelosuppression...