Affiliation: Baskent University
- Increased nitric oxide is accompanied by lipid oxidation in adolescent varicoceleZafer Turkyilmaz
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Gazi University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Androl 27:183-7. 2004..005 and p = 0.048, respectively). Increased NO(x) levels with lipid oxidation occur locally in adolescent varicocele, implying that these events could be reversed by early treatment...
- Effects of leptin on oxidative stress in healthy and Streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsSebnem Gülen
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Mol Cell Biochem 302:59-65. 2007..The present study was designed to examine the effects of leptin treatment on plasma lipid peroxidation and reduced glutathion of normal and streptozotocin(STZ)-induced diabetic rats...
- Mitomycin C prevents strictures in caustic esophageal burns in ratsZafer Turkyilmaz
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Gazi University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Surg Res 123:182-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate the effectiveness of Mitomycin C (MMC), which inhibits fibroblastic proliferation in preventing caustic esophageal strictures...
- Role of nitric oxide and cyclooxygenase pathway in lipopolysaccharide-induced intussusceptionZafer Turkyilmaz
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Surg Int 20:598-601. 2004..By these observations, it could be concluded that NO is probably involved in the pathophysiology of IN in this experimental model of LPS-induced IN...
- The effect of systemic leptin administration on aorta smooth muscle responses in diabetic ratsCigdem Ozer
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, 06510 Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Mol Cell Biochem 282:187-91. 2006..This peptide hormone caused a significant increase in the relaxations obtained by ACh while not inducing a significant alteration in the contractile effect of Phe in control rats...