- Single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a new retraction techniqueH Altun
Fatih Sultan Mehmet EA Hospital, General Surgery, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Chir Belg 113:311-3. 2013..Minimally invasive surgeons have been forced to develop techniques for providing adequate retraction of the gallbladder. Herein, we describe a new retraction technique to improve the dissection of Calot's triangle...
- The effect of narrowed segment length on the degree of early postoperative dysphagia in laparoscopic Nissen fundoplicationHasan Altun
Department of General Surgery, Fatih Sultan Mehmet Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 23:676-80. 2012..In this study, we demonstrated the effect of narrowed segment length on early dysphagia in patients...
- Direct trocar insertion technique for initial access in morbid obesity surgery: technique and resultsHasan Altun
Department of General Surgery, Fatih Sultan Mehmet EA Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 20:228-30. 2010..This study assesses the safety and feasibility of the direct trocar insertion technique without pre-existing pneumoperitoneum in patients undergoing laparoscopic bariatric surgery...
- Intestinal intussusception as a complication of typhoid feverH Altun
Department of General Surgery, Etlik Ihtisas Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Chir Belg 111:174-5. 2011..The postoperative course was uneventful. The operative treatment is the subject of debate because of insufficient evidence. We recommend segmental bowel resection because of the underlying pathology...
- Therapy of solitary cecal diverticulitis in a young patient with laparoscopic right hemicolectomyHasan Altun
General Surgery Clinic, Fatih Sultan Mehmet EA Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 21:e176-8. 2011..The therapy is ranged from a simple diverticulectomy to right hemicolectomy. Diagnostic laparoscopy can help the surgeon in the diagnosis of right lower quadrant pain and therapy of solitary cecal diverticulitis...
- Pneumatosis cystoides intestinalis mimicking acute abdomenBulent Kaya
Department of General Surgery, Fatih Sultan Mehmet Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 25:426-8. 2014..Bowel resection was performed successfully. The surgical findings and pathological result confirmed the diagnosis of pneumatosis cystoides intestinalis...
- Ethyl pyruvate improves healing of colonic anastomosis in a rat model of peritonitisEnder Onur
Department of General Surgery, Fatih Sultan Mehmet Education and Research Hospital, Istanbul 84410, Turkey
Surg Innov 19:394-8. 2012..This study was designed to evaluate the effects of ethyl pyruvate (EP) on wound healing in primary colonic anastomoses in intraperitoneal sepsis...
- The effect of serosal suture reinforcement on burst pressure in sleeve gastrectomy specimensRojbin Karakoyun
Department of Surgery, Antalya Training and Research Hospital, Antalya Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Bozok University, Yozgat Department of Surgery, Fatih Sultan Mehmet Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 24:424-8. 2014..The aim of this study was to compare the effects of 2 supportive techniques on burst pressures in sleeved gastrectomy specimens...
- Comparison between direct trocar and Veress needle insertion in laparoscopic cholecystectomyHasan Altun
Department of General Surgery, Ankara Etlik Ihtisas Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:709-12. 2007..Surgical skill and experience of the surgeon with the entry technique who is using it is an important factor for the selection of the abdominal insufflation technique...
- Route selection for double balloon enteroscopy in patients with obscure gastrointestinal bleeding: experience from a single centerUmit Akyuz
Department of Gastroenterology, Yeditepe University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 23:670-5. 2012....
- Prolonged venous bleeding due to traditional treatment with leech bite: a case reportBulent Kaya
Fatih Sultan Mehmet Training and Research Hospital, Department of General Surgery, Atasehir, Istanbul, Turkey
J Med Case Reports 5:172. 2011..abstract:..
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy Improves Olfaction Sensitivity in Morbidly Obese PatientsDeniz Hanci
Ear Nose and Throat Clinic, Liv Hospital, Ulus, Istanbul, Turkey
Obes Surg 26:558-62. 2016..Here we investigated the changes in olfactory abilities of 54 morbidly obese patients (M/F, 22/32; age range 19-57 years; body mass index (BMI) range 30.5-63.0 kg/m(2)) after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy...