- Rates and severity of perforation from implantable cardioverter-defibrillator leads: a 4-year study
Electrophysiology Section, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, Palo Alto VA Medical Center, 3801 Miranda Ave, Cardiology E2 426, Palo Alto, CA 94304 5588, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 24:47-52. 2009
..Although recent case reports and one small single-year observational study report a substantially increased rate of perforation with the St. Jude Riata series defibrillator lead, these results have not been externally validated...
- Prognostic significance of increased left ventricular mass index to mortality and sudden death in patients with stable coronary heart disease (from the Heart and Soul Study)
Mintu P Turakhia
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 102:1131-5. 2008
..004). In conclusion, in patients with stable CHD, increased LV mass index was independently associated with all-cause mortality and sudden or arrhythmic death, even in subjects with normal EF...
- Impact of remote magnetic catheter navigation on ablation fluoroscopy and procedure time
Albert M Kim
University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 31:1399-404. 2008
..Remote magnetic catheter navigation (RCN) is gaining acceptance in clinical cardiac electrophysiology, but details regarding how RCN affects procedure execution are not well characterized...
- Sleep disordered breathing and cardiovascular risk in older patients initiating dialysis in the United States: a retrospective observational study using medicare data
C Vaughan Tuohy
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA, USA
BMC Nephrol 17:16. 2016
..Sleep disordered breathing (SDB) such as sleep apnea is associated with cardiovascular disease in the general population. However, little is known about the cardiovascular risks of SDB in patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD)...
- Trends in the incidence of atrial fibrillation in older patients initiating dialysis in the United States
Benjamin A Goldstein
Division of General Medical Disciplines, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Circulation 126:2293-301. 2012
..One sixth of US dialysis patients 65 years of age have been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation/flutter (AF). Little is known, however, about the incidence of AF in this population...
- Sudden cardiac death: epidemiology, mechanisms, and therapy
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Curr Probl Cardiol 32:501-46. 2007
..This review discusses the epidemiology, mechanisms, etiologies, therapies, treatment guidelines, and future directions in the management of sudden cardiac death...