- Once daily oral ofloxacin in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbation requiring mechanical ventilation: a randomised placebo-controlled trialS Nouira
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, 5000, Monastir, Tunisia
Lancet 358:2020-5. 2001..Our objective was to assess the effects of ofloxacin in patients with exacerbations of COPD who required mechanical ventilation...
- Standard versus newer antibacterial agents in the treatment of severe acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized trial of trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole versus ciprofloxacinSemir Nouira
Research Unit 04 UR 08 20, Tahar Sfar University Hospital, Mahdia, Tunisia
Clin Infect Dis 51:143-9. 2010..CONCLUSIONS. In patients with acute exacerbation of COPD requiring mechanical ventilation, efficacy of trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole was not inferior to ciprofloxacin. Trial registration. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00791505...
- Accuracy of two scores in the diagnosis of stroke subtype in a multicenter cohort studySemir Nouira
Emergency Department and Research Unit 04 UR 08 20, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monasitr, Tunisia
Ann Emerg Med 53:373-8. 2009..We conducted this study to evaluate the predictive value of the Allen and Siriraj scores in the differential diagnosis of stroke subtypes...
- A clinical score predicting the need for hospitalization in scorpion envenomationSemir Nouira
Emergency Department, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Am J Emerg Med 25:414-9. 2007..Predicting complications is a clinical challenge in the assessment of victims of scorpion envenomation (SE). We sought to develop a clinical score to predict need for hospitalization after scorpion sting...
- Non-invasive pressure support ventilation and CPAP in cardiogenic pulmonary edema: a multicenter randomized study in the emergency departmentSemir Nouira
Emergency Department and Research Unit UR06SP21, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, 5000 Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 37:249-56. 2011..With regard to its physiological effects, we hypothesized that NIPSV would be better than CPAP in terms of clinical benefit...
- Effects of norepinephrine on static and dynamic preload indicators in experimental hemorrhagic shockSemir Nouira
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Crit Care Med 33:2339-43. 2005....
- Neurohormonal activation in severe scorpion envenomation: correlation with hemodynamics and circulating toxinSemir Nouira
Service de Réanimation Médicale and Experimental Toxicology Unit 99 UR 088 59 and UR 06 02, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 208:111-6. 2005..Serum toxin does not appear to consistently contribute to these effects. Through its correlation with PAOP, ANP could be a reliable and useful marker of cardiac dysfunction in SE...
- Direct vs. mediated effects of scorpion venom: an experimental study of the effects of a second challenge with scorpion venomLamia Ouanes-Besbes
Intensive Care Unit, CHU F Bourguiba, Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 31:441-6. 2005..To assess the respective roles of venom and of catecholamines following scorpion envenomation and to verify whether a second challenge with scorpion venom induces the same consequences than a first one...
- A canine study of immunotherapy in scorpion envenomationFekri Abroug
Intensive Care Unit, CHU F Bourguiba, 5000, Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 29:2266-76. 2003..To evaluate the effects of scorpion venom and antivenom in experimental envenomation...
- Value of Plethysmographic Pulse Amplitude Ratio With Valsalva Maneuver in Identifying Left Ventricular Dysfunction During COPD ExacerbationHamdi Boubaker
Emergency Department, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital Monastir, Tunisia and the Research Laboratory LR12SP18, University of Monastir, Monastir, Tunisia
Respir Care 61:439-46. 2016..We tested whether finger plethysmography waveform change during the Valsalva maneuver could aid in the distinction between patients with COPD exacerbation with and without left-ventricular dysfunction...
- Magnesium sulfate versus ipratropium bromide in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbation: a randomized trialSemir Nouira
1Emergency Department and Research Unit, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir, Tunisia 2Emergency Department, Tahar Sfar University Hospital, Mahdia, Tunisia and 3Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Medicine, Monastir, Tunisia
Am J Ther 21:152-8. 2014....
- Efficacy and safety of nebulized morphine given at 2 different doses compared to IV titrated morphine in trauma painMohamed Habib Grissa
Emergency Department, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir, Tunisia Research Laboratory LR12SP18, University of Monastir, Monastir, Tunisia
Am J Emerg Med 33:1557-61. 2015..Our aim was to compare the efficacy and safety of intravenous (IV) titrated morphine with nebulized morphine given at 2 different doses in severe traumatic pain...
- Paracetamol vs piroxicam to relieve pain in renal colic. Results of a randomized controlled trialMohamed Habib Grissa
Department of Emergency Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Fatouma Bourguiba, rue du 1er Juin, Monastir, Tunisia
Am J Emerg Med 29:203-6. 2011..We tested whether paracetamol could improve pain relief in patients visiting the emergency department with acute renal colic as compared to piroxicam, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)...
- Diagnosis of ventilator-associated pneumonia: agreement between quantitative cultures of endotracheal aspiration and plugged telescoping catheterSouheil Elatrous
Intensive Care Unit, centre hospitalo universitaire F Bourguiba, 5000 Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 30:853-8. 2004..To evaluate the diagnostic agreement between quantitative cultures of samples obtained with endotracheal aspiration (ETA) and plugged telescoping catheter (PTC)...
- A new score for the diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome in acute chest pain with non-diagnostic ECG and normal troponinHamdi Boubaker
Emergency Department and Research Laboratory LR12SP18, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir, Tunisia Faculty of Medicine, University of Monastir, Monastir, Tunisia
Emerg Med J 32:764-8. 2015..Acute coronary syndrome (ACS) represents a difficult diagnostic challenge in patients with undifferentiated chest pain. There is a need for a valid clinical score to improve diagnostic accuracy...
- Prediction value of the Canadian CT head rule and the New Orleans criteria for positive head CT scan and acute neurosurgical procedures in minor head trauma: a multicenter external validation studyWahid Bouida
Emergency Department and Research Unit UR06SP21, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir, Tunisia
Ann Emerg Med 61:521-7. 2013..We compare the performance of both decision rules for identifying patients with intracranial traumatic lesions and those who require an urgent neurosurgical intervention after mild head injury...
- Inaccuracy of Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction and Global Registry in Acute Coronary Events scores in predicting outcome in ED patients with potential ischemic chest painHamdi Boubaker
Emergency Department, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir, Tunisia Research Laboratory LR12SP18, University of Monastir Tunisia, Monastir, Tunisia
Am J Emerg Med 33:1209-12. 2015..Our objective was to compare these 2 scores in predicting outcome in emergency department (ED) patients with undifferentiated chest pain...
- Value of anatomic and physiologic scoring systems in outcome prediction of trauma patientsMohamed Kahloul
aDepartment of Anesthesiology and Surgical Intensive Care Unit bEmergency Department and Research Unit UR06SP21, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital cDepartment of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Monastir, Monastir, Tunisia
Eur J Emerg Med 21:125-9. 2014....
- Chronic outpatient management of asthmatics attending the emergency department: a survey from a country with low incomeLamia Ouanes-Besbes
Intensive Care Unit, Fatouma Bourguiba Hospital, Monastir, Tunisia
Eur J Emerg Med 13:21-5. 2006..Little is known about compliance with international guidelines of asthma management in developing countries where some medications are prohibitively expensive...
- ANGPTL4 variants E40K and T266M are associated with lower fasting triglyceride levels and predicts cardiovascular disease risk in Type 2 diabetic Tunisian populationKaouthar Abid
Laboratory of Biochemistry, UR 12ES08, Faculty of Medicine, 5000, Monastir, Tunisia
Lipids Health Dis 15:63. 2016....