- Short-term treatment of severe hypertension of pregnancy: prospective comparison of nicardipine and labetalolS Elatrous
Intensive Care Unit F, Service de Reanimation Polyvalente, Bourguiba Hospital, Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 28:1281-6. 2002..To assess the efficacy and safety of nicardipine in comparison to labetalol in the initial management of severe hypertension in pregnancy. DESIGN. Randomized prospective study...
- A canine study of immunotherapy in scorpion envenomationFekri Abroug
Intensive Care Unit, CHU F Bourguiba, 5000, Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 29:2266-76. 2003..To evaluate the effects of scorpion venom and antivenom in experimental envenomation...
- Meta-analysis of controlled studies on immunotherapy in severe scorpion envenomationFekri Abroug
Intensive Care Unit, Centre Hospitalo, Universitaire Fatouma Bourguiba, Monastir, CHU F Bourguiba 5000, Tunisia
Emerg Med J 28:963-9. 2011..Despite conflicting evidence, specific serotherapy is recommended for scorpion envenomation...
- Association of left-heart dysfunction with severe exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: diagnostic performance of cardiac biomarkersFekri Abroug
Intensive Care Unit, Department of Cardiology and Biochemistry Laboratory, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir, Tunisia
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:990-6. 2006..However, they have not been assessed in the specific setting of acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (AECOPD), where they might be released without left-heart impairment...
- Adrenal insufficiency in severe West Nile Virus infectionFekri Abroug
CHU Fatouma Bourguiba, Intensive Care Unit, 5000, Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 32:1636-9. 2006..To explore adrenal function in severe West Nile virus (WNV) infection...
- The effect of prone positioning in acute respiratory distress syndrome or acute lung injury: a meta-analysis. Areas of uncertainty and recommendations for researchFekri Abroug
Service de Reanimation Polyvalente, CHU F Bourguiba, 5000 Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 34:1002-11. 2008..To compare the effects of ventilation in prone and in supine position in patients with acute lung injury/acute respiratory distress syndrome (ALI/ARDS)...
- Detection of acute heart failure in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients: role of B-type natriuretic peptideFekri Abroug
Intensive Care Unit, CHU Fatouma Bourguiba, 5000 Monastir, Tunisia
Curr Opin Crit Care 14:340-7. 2008..The aim of the review is to emphasize recent studies that validated measurements of plasma B-type natriuretic peptide in the diagnosis of heart dysfunction in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients...
- An updated study-level meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials on proning in ARDS and acute lung injuryFekri Abroug
ICU CHU F, Bourguiba, 1st June 1955 Str, University of Monastir, Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Crit Care 15:R6. 2011..We updated a meta-analysis on this topic...
- Serotherapy in scorpion envenomation: a randomised controlled trialF Abroug
Intensive Care Unit, CHU F Bourgulba, Monastir, Tunisia
Lancet 354:906-9. 1999..We did a prospective, randomised, controlled trial to assess the efficacy of routine administration of scorpion antivenom to scorpion-stung patients, irrespective of clinical severity...
- A cluster study of predictors of severe West Nile virus infectionFekri Abroug
Intensive Care Unit, CHU Fatouma Bourguiba, Monastir, Tunisia
Mayo Clin Proc 81:12-6. 2006..To assess the value of multifocal chorioretinitis and of clinical manifestations and biologic parameters in the diagnosis of West Nile virus (WNV) infection...
- Once daily oral ofloxacin in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbation requiring mechanical ventilation: a randomised placebo-controlled trialS Nouira
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, 5000, Monastir, Tunisia
Lancet 358:2020-5. 2001..Our objective was to assess the effects of ofloxacin in patients with exacerbations of COPD who required mechanical ventilation...
- Assessment of left ventricular function in severe scorpion envenomation: combined hemodynamic and echo-Doppler studyF Abroug
Service de Reanimation Polyvalente, CHU F Bourguiba, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 21:629-35. 1995..To assess left ventricular function in patients presenting with pulmonary edema following scorpion envenomation...
- Effect and mechanisms underlying scorpion toxin action from Androctonus australis garzonii on atrial natriuretic peptide in rat atria: an in vitro studyHayet Soualmia
Institut Supérieur des Technologies Médicales, Tunis, Tunisia
Peptides 29:364-8. 2008..The data show that the North African scorpion toxin from Androctonus australis garzonii increases the ANP release in rat atrium through stimulation of sympathetic cardiac nerves and sodium channels activation...
- Effects of norepinephrine on static and dynamic preload indicators in experimental hemorrhagic shockSemir Nouira
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Crit Care Med 33:2339-43. 2005....
- Neurohormonal activation in severe scorpion envenomation: correlation with hemodynamics and circulating toxinSemir Nouira
Service de Réanimation Médicale and Experimental Toxicology Unit 99 UR 088 59 and UR 06 02, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 208:111-6. 2005..Serum toxin does not appear to consistently contribute to these effects. Through its correlation with PAOP, ANP could be a reliable and useful marker of cardiac dysfunction in SE...
- Direct vs. mediated effects of scorpion venom: an experimental study of the effects of a second challenge with scorpion venomLamia Ouanes-Besbes
Intensive Care Unit, CHU F Bourguiba, Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 31:441-6. 2005..To assess the respective roles of venom and of catecholamines following scorpion envenomation and to verify whether a second challenge with scorpion venom induces the same consequences than a first one...
- A clinical score predicting the need for hospitalization in scorpion envenomationSemir Nouira
Emergency Department, Fattouma Bourguiba University Hospital, Monastir 5000, Tunisia
Am J Emerg Med 25:414-9. 2007..Predicting complications is a clinical challenge in the assessment of victims of scorpion envenomation (SE). We sought to develop a clinical score to predict need for hospitalization after scorpion sting...
- Diagnosis of ventilator-associated pneumonia: agreement between quantitative cultures of endotracheal aspiration and plugged telescoping catheterSouheil Elatrous
Intensive Care Unit, centre hospitalo universitaire F Bourguiba, 5000 Monastir, Tunisia
Intensive Care Med 30:853-8. 2004..To evaluate the diagnostic agreement between quantitative cultures of samples obtained with endotracheal aspiration (ETA) and plugged telescoping catheter (PTC)...
- [Mechanical ventilation in intensive care units: indications, modalities and complications. Results of a prospective multicenter survey in Tunisia]Hedi Chelli
Service de Reanimation, CHU H Bourguiba Sfax
Tunis Med 82:12-8. 2004..MV practice as well as ICU facilities are not homogenous in Tunisia. Recommendations and guidelines should be built in order to standardize MV practice in Tunisia...
- Chronic outpatient management of asthmatics attending the emergency department: a survey from a country with low incomeLamia Ouanes-Besbes
Intensive Care Unit, Fatouma Bourguiba Hospital, Monastir, Tunisia
Eur J Emerg Med 13:21-5. 2006..Little is known about compliance with international guidelines of asthma management in developing countries where some medications are prohibitively expensive...
- Prognosis factors and outcome of community-acquired pneumonia needing mechanical ventilationEva Tejerina
Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Universitario de Getafe, 28905 Getafe, Madrid, Spain
J Crit Care 20:230-8. 2005....