- [Primary health care professionals attitudes towards influenza immunzation in Catalonia]
Agencia de Salud Pública de Cataluña, Departamento de Salud, Generalitat de Catalunya, Barcelona, España CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Instituto Carlos III, Madrid, España Departamento de Salud Pública, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, España Electronic address
Aten Primaria 48:192-9. 2016
..The objective of this study was to assess the relationship between the knowledge and attitudes of primary care health personnel in Catalonia as regards influenza vaccine and the factors related to the uptake of this vaccine...
- Effectiveness of non-pharmaceutical measures in preventing pediatric influenza: a case-control study
Public Health Agency of Catalonia, Cr Roc Boronat 81 95, 08005, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Public Health 15:543. 2015
..Hygiene behavior plays a relevant role in infectious disease transmission. The aim of this study was to evaluate non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPI) in preventing pediatric influenza infections...
- Factors associated to duration of hepatitis a outbreaks: implications for control
Department of Health Generalitat of Catalonia Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e31339. 2012
..Timely reporting HA outbreaks was associated with outbreak duration. Making confirmed HA infections statutory reportable for clinical laboratories could diminish outbreak duration...
- Th1 and Th17 hypercytokinemia as early host response signature in severe pandemic influenza
Jesus F Bermejo-Martin
National Centre of Influenza, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
Crit Care 13:R201. 2009
..We utilize here systemic cytokine and antibody levels in evaluating differences in early immune response in both mild and severe patients infected with nvH1N1...
- Hepatitis A outbreaks: the effect of a mass vaccination programme
Department of Health, Generalitat of Catalonia, Catalonia
J Viral Hepat 18:e1-4. 2011
..14-0.77). Hepatitis A vaccination has made an important impact on burden and characteristics of outbreaks and could provide greater benefits to the community if the vaccine was administrated to children during their first years of life...
- Auditing the management of vaccine-preventable disease outbreaks: the need for a tool
Department of Health, Generalitat of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e15699. 2011
..04). Improving availability of updated guidelines, enhancing timely reporting and adequate recording of control procedures taken is needed to allow for management assessment and improvement...
- Differences in sentinel influenza confirmed incidence rates and clinical presentation of influenza virus: 2008-09 seasonal vs 2009-10 pandemic influenza
Department of Health, Generalitat of Catalonia and Influenza sentinel surveillance network of Catalonia PIDIRAC
Hum Vaccin 7:230-3. 2011
- [Influenza (H1N1) 2009 outbreaks in educational settings. Catalonia]
Departamento de Salud, Generalitat de Cataluña, Lleida
Rev Esp Salud Publica 85:97-103. 2011
- [Clinical and epidemiological study of viral gastroenteritis outbreaks in catalonia]
Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red en Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Espana
Rev Esp Salud Publica 83:659-67. 2009
- Hepatitis A outbreaks in the vaccination era in Catalonia, Spain
Directorate of Public Health, Generalitat of Catalonia, Spain
Hum Vaccin 7:205-10. 2011
..The estimated proportion of cases associated with outbreaks that would theoretically have been prevented with the vaccination program suggests that substantial benefits have been obtained in Catalonia in people aged less than 25 years...
- Acute gastroenteritis outbreaks in Catalonia, Spain: norovirus versus Salmonella
CIBER Epidemiology and Public Health, Barcelona, Spain
Scand J Gastroenterol 43:567-73. 2008
..To describe the epidemiology of norovirus (NV) and Salmonella gastroenteritis outbreaks in Catalonia between 15 October 2004 and 30 October 2005...
- Aetiology and epidemiology of viral gastroenteritis outbreaks in Catalonia (Spain) in 2004-2005
Department of Public Health, University of Barcelona, and L Hospitalet del Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Virol 43:126-31. 2008
..Acute infectious gastroenteritis causes substantial morbidity and economic loss...
- Epidemiology of foodborne norovirus outbreaks in Catalonia, Spain
Department of Health, Autonomous Government of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 8:47. 2008
..The objective of this study was to analyse the size and epidemiological characteristics of foodborne outbreaks of gastroenteritis in Catalonia, a region in the northeast of Spain...
- [Surveillance of the pandemic influenza (H1N1) 2009 in Catalonia: results and implications]
Departamento de Salud, Generalidad de Cataluña, C Alcalde Rovira Roure 2, Lleida
Rev Esp Salud Publica 85:37-45. 2011
..Pandemics require an assessment of its severity. The objective was to determine the characteristics of pandemic influenza in Catalonia...
- Impact of the Legionella urinary antigen test on epidemiological trends in community outbreaks of legionellosis in Catalonia, Spain, 1990-2004
Department of Health, Generalitat of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Infect Dis 13:e365-70. 2009
- Mumps vaccine effectiveness in highly immunized populations
Department of Public Health, University of Barcelona, Casanova 143, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
Vaccine 28:3567-70. 2010
..Estimated VE was 85.4% (95%CI: 67.3-93.4) for 1MMR and 88.5% (95%CI: 78.1-93.9) for 2MMR. High 2MMR coverage, improved confirmation techniques and further VE studies with all confirmed cases are needed to prevent further outbreaks...
- Knowledge of and attitudes to influenza vaccination in healthy primary healthcare workers in Spain, 2011-2012
Departamento de Salud Publica, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain CIBER Epidemiología y Salud Pública CIBERESP, Barcelona, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e81200. 2013
- Non-preventable mumps outbreaks in schoolchildren in Catalonia
Department of Health, Generalitat of Catalonia Barcelona, Spain
Scand J Infect Dis 38:671-4. 2006
- Seroprevalence of varicella zoster virus infection in child and adult population of Catalonia (Spain)
Department of Public Health, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Med Microbiol Immunol 197:329-33. 2008
..Vaccination with two doses of vaccine for all adolescents and adults < or = 50 years who report not having suffered the disease during childhood should be considered...
- Influenza vaccination of primary healthcare physicians may be associated with vaccination in their patients: a vaccination coverage study
Agencia de Salud Pública de Cataluña, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Fam Pract 16:44. 2015
..To assess the contribution of physician-related factors, especially their influenza vaccine status, in the vaccination coverage of their patients...
- Economic costs of outbreaks of acute viral gastroenteritis due to norovirus in Catalonia (Spain), 2010-2011
Public Health Agency of Catalonia, Department of Health, Generalitat of Catalonia, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Public Health 15:999. 2015
..To determine the direct and indirect costs of outbreaks of acute viral gastroenteritis (AVG) due to norovirus in closed institutions (hospitals, social health centers or nursing homes) and the community in Catalonia in 2010-11...
- [The viral gastroenteritis: a public health problem]
Departamento de Salud Publica, Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Esp Salud Publica 83:679-87. 2009
..Sapovirus outbreaks due to person-to-person and foodborne transmission affecting both children and adults have recently been reported in countries such as Canada and Japan...
- Foodborne Salmonella-caused outbreaks in Catalonia (Spain), 1990 to 2003
Department of Health of the Generalitat of Catalonia, Directorate of Public Health, Tray de les Corts 131 159, 08028, Barcelona, Spain
J Food Prot 70:209-13. 2007
- [Risk factors of influenza (H1N1) 2009 hospitalization and effectiveness of pharmaceutical and nonpharmaceutical interventions in its prevention: a case-control study]
CIBER de Epidemiología y Salud Pública, Departamento de Salud Publica, Universidad de Barcelona, C Casanova 143, Barcelona
Rev Esp Salud Publica 85:3-15. 2011
..Data cleansing and the recovery of variables is now underway. The involvement of the Public Health Directorate has been instrumental in adapting the project to the evolution of the pandemic...
- Rubella elimination programme strengthened through measles elimination programme in Catalonia
Direccio General de Salut Publica Health, Department of Health, Generalitat of Catalonia, Spain
Vaccine 24:1433-7. 2006
..The small number and imported nature of the cases of rubella and the detection of the majority of the confirmed cases through the measles elimination programme, strongly suggests that both programmes should continue...
- Low Seroprevalence of West Nile Virus in Blood Donors from Catalonia, Spain
1 Transfusion Safety Laboratory, Catalonian Blood and Tissue Bank BST, Barcelona, Spain
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 15:782-4. 2015
..The low seroprevalence detected may serve as reference baseline data for monitoring WNV activity in our region in future years. ..
- Evaluation of a new, rapid, simple test for the detection of influenza virus
Juan Carlos Hurtado
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Hospital Clinic, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Infect Dis 15:44. 2015
..We prospectively tested the accuracy of a simple and rapid diagnostic method...
- Lack of herd immunity against measles in individuals aged <35 years could explain re-emergence of measles in Catalonia (Spain)
Public Health Agency of Catalonia, Department of Health of Catalonia, Bac de Roda 83 85, 08005 Barcelona, Spain CIBER Epidemiology and Public Health CIBERESP, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain Electronic address
Int J Infect Dis 18:81-3. 2014
..The objective of this study was to assess the association between lack of herd immunity in some population groups and the re-emergence of measles in Catalonia in 2006...