- Multiple endocrine neoplasias type 2B and RET proto-oncogene
University of Genova, DIPE, Via Gaslini, 5 Genova 16147, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 38:9. 2012
..Recent advances into the mechanisms of RET proto-oncogene signaling and pathways of RET signal transduction in the development of MEN 2 and MTC will allow new treatment possibilities...
- Epigenetic Silencing of DKK3 in medulloblastoma
Department of Experimental Medicine DIMES, University of Genoa IRCCS A O U San Martino IST National Cancer Research Institute, Genoa 16132, Italy
Int J Mol Sci 14:7492-505. 2013
..In conclusion, DKK3 downregulation across all MB subgroups may be due to epigenetic mechanisms, in particular, through chromatin condensation...
- Towards a turning point of neuroblastoma therapy
Gian Paolo Tonini
Italian Neuroblastoma Foundation, IRCCS A O U San Martino IST, National Cancer Research Institute, Genoa, Italy
Cancer Lett 326:128-34. 2012
..The huge amount of clinical and biological information collected in the last 20 years suggests that it is time to turn on for new and more personalized therapies of neuroblastoma...
- High genomic instability predicts survival in metastatic high-risk neuroblastoma
Center of Physiopathology of Human Reproduction, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, IRCCS San Martino Hospital, National Cancer Research Institute IST, Genoa, Italy
Neoplasia 14:823-32. 2012
..Further validation studies are warranted to establish this as a risk stratification for patients...
- Bone marrow of neuroblastoma patients shows downregulation of CXCL12 expression and presence of IFN signature
Translational Oncopathology, National Cancer Research Institute, Genoa, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:44-51. 2012
..Since the mechanisms responsible for BM invasion are not well known, we investigated the transcriptome of resident BM cells from NB patients as compared to healthy children...
- Transcribed-Ultra Conserved Region expression is associated with outcome in high-risk neuroblastoma
Translational Paediatric Oncology, National Cancer Research Institute IST, Genoa, Italy
BMC Cancer 9:441. 2009
..Hereby, we evaluated the potential of non-coding RNA expression to predict outcome in high-risk, stage 4 neuroblastoma...
- Identification of low intratumoral gene expression heterogeneity in neuroblastic tumors by genome-wide expression analysis and game theory
Laboratory of Italian Neuroblastoma Foundation, National Cancer Research Institute, Genoa, Italy
Cancer 113:1412-22. 2008
..NT gene expression profiles reported so far have not taken into account the cellular components. The authors reported the genome-wide expression analysis of whole tumors and microdissected Nb and SS cells...
- Age-dependent accumulation of genomic aberrations and deregulation of cell cycle and telomerase genes in metastatic neuroblastoma
Department of Advanced Diagnostic Technologies IRCCS AOU San Martino, IST Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genoa, Italy
Int J Cancer 131:1591-600. 2012
..The higher DNA instability observed in G3/MYCN- NBs than in MYCN-amplified G3 may also explain why patients ≥ 19 months have a poor outcome independently by MYCN status...
- Concomitant DDX1 and MYCN gain in neuroblastoma
Laboratory of Neuroblastoma Research, Italian Neuroblastoma Foundation, National Institute for Cancer Research IST, Largo R Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Cancer Lett 256:56-63. 2007
..Moreover, all patients with DDX1/MYCN gain show a good overall survival but a high frequency of adverse events...
- Bone marrow-infiltrating human neuroblastoma cells express high levels of calprotectin and HLA-G proteins
Laboratory of Oncology, Gaslini Institute, Genoa, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e29922. 2012
- Genetic predisposition to familial neuroblastoma: identification of two novel genomic regions at 2p and 12p
Unit of Translational Pediatric Oncology, National Institute for Cancer Research IST, Genoa, Italy
Hum Hered 63:205-11. 2007
..We screened a highly informative family with recurrent NB by genome-wide linkage analysis aimed at identifying chromosomal regions for NB predisposing genes...
- Identification of ALK germline mutation (3605delG) in pediatric anaplastic medulloblastoma
Translational Oncopathology, Department of Pathology, IRCCS A O U San Martino IST, National Cancer Research Institute, Genoa, Italy
J Hum Genet 57:682-4. 2012
..Moreover, a deletion of ALK gene producing a stop codon has not been detected in human tumors up to now. Further investigations are now required to elucidate whether the truncated form of ALK may have a role in signal transduction...
- MDM2 SNP309 genotype influences survival of metastatic but not of localized neuroblastoma
Molecular Mutagenesis and DNA Repair Unit, National Cancer Research Institute, Genoa, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 53:576-83. 2009
..We investigated its impact on NB development and survival in relation with major clinical and biological characteristics...
- Role of CXCL13-CXCR5 crosstalk between malignant neuroblastoma cells and Schwannian stromal cells in neuroblastic tumors
Federica Del Grosso
Translational Oncopathology, National Cancer Research Institute, L go R Benzi, 10 16132, Genoa, Italy
Mol Cancer Res 9:815-23. 2011
- Cyto-morphologic evaluation of bone marrow in infants with disseminated neuroblastoma
Department of Haematology Oncology, Giannina Gaslini Children s Hospital, National Cancer Research Institute, Genova, Italy
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 34:154-8. 2012
..TCI + and ++ were equally represented. TCI +++ was found only in 9 patients, all with typical stage 4 features (bone or lung involvement). Overall survival was not significantly influenced by the presence and degree of TCI...
- Gene expression profiling identifies eleven DNA repair genes down-regulated during mouse neural crest cell migration
Laboratory of Italian Neuroblastoma Foundation, Genoa, Italy
Int J Dev Biol 55:65-72. 2011
..Our model of enriched murine NCCs and neural crest-derived cells can be used to elucidate the key roles of genes during normal embryonic development and in cancer pathogenesis...
- Expression of FOXP3, CD14, and ARG1 in Neuroblastoma Tumor Tissue from High-Risk Patients Predicts Event-Free and Overall Survival
Physiopathology of Human Reproduction, IRCCS A O U San Martino IST, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2015:347867. 2015
..Thus, the immune status of the primary tumors of high-risk NB patients may influence the natural history of this pediatric cancer. ..
- Chromosome 9q and 16q loss identified by genome-wide pooled-analysis are associated with tumor aggressiveness in patients with classic medulloblastoma
Translational Oncopathology, National Cancer Research Institute IST, Genoa, Italy
OMICS 15:273-80. 2011
..97; p < 0.006) or 16q loss (HR = 2.41; p = 0.038). Our results highlight the importance of genomic studies in different MB histological variants and indicate a genotype-phenotype correlation...
- Transcribed-ultra conserved region expression profiling from low-input total RNA
Translational Paediatric Oncology, National Cancer Research Institute IST, Largo R Benzi 10, Genoa, 16132, Italy
BMC Genomics 11:149. 2010
..The recent findings that they are significantly altered in adult chronic lymphocytic leukemias, carcinomas, and pediatric neuroblastomas lead to the hypothesis that UCRs may play a role in tumorigenesis...
- Identification of GALNT14 as a novel neuroblastoma predisposition gene
Marilena De Mariano
U O C Bioterapie, IRCCS A O U San Martino IST, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Genoa, Italy
Oncotarget 6:26335-46. 2015
..Although rare, the recurrence of this mutation suggests GALNT14 as a novel gene potentially involved in NB predisposition. ..
- Multiple target molecular monitoring of bone marrow and peripheral blood samples from patients with localized neuroblastoma and healthy donors
Maria Valeria Corrias
Laboratory of Oncology, Gaslini Institute, Genoa, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 58:43-9. 2012
..However, multiple target analysis is costly and time consuming, thus improvement with respect to single target monitoring needs to be achieved...
- Oligogenic inheritance in neuroblastoma
Paediatric Translational Oncology, National Institute for Cancer Research IST, Genoa, Italy
Cancer Lett 228:65-9. 2005
..Instead, an oligogenic mode of inheritance might explain the existence of different NB loci genetically interacting to cause and/or modify the disease-phenotype...
- Loss of 10q26.1-q26.3 in association with 7q34-q36.3 gain or 17q24.3-q25.3 gain predict poor outcome in pediatric medulloblastoma
Department of Experimental and Laboratory Medicine, IRCCS G Gaslini Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Cancer Lett 308:215-24. 2011
..12cM at 10q26.1-q26.3 was refined by LOH analysis. We propose a new prognostic marker for pediatric MB patient risk stratification based on the presence of 10q26.1-q26.3 loss plus 17q24.3-q25.3 gain and/or 7q34-q36.3 gain associations...
- Inhibition of N-linked glycosylation impairs ALK phosphorylation and disrupts pro-survival signaling in neuroblastoma cell lines
Federica Del Grosso
Translational Oncopathology, IRCSS A O U San Martino IST, National Cancer Research Institute, L go R Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
BMC Cancer 11:525. 2011
..We hypothesized that ALK function may depend on N-linked glycosylation and that disruption of this post-translational modification would impair ALK activation, regardless the presence of either gene mutations or overexpression...
- Application of microarray-based technology to neuroblastoma
Unit of Translational Paediatric Oncology, National Institute for Cancer Research IST, Genoa, Italy
Cancer Lett 228:13-20. 2005
..This review summarizes the current status of the application of microarray technology to neuroblastoma research...
- Chromosomal aberrations and aneuploidy in oral potentially malignant lesions: distinctive features for tongue
Department of Diagnostic Oncology, Translational Oncopathology, National Institute for Cancer Research, Genoa, Italy
BMC Cancer 11:445. 2011
..Here, we report a pilot study that compared the occurrence of DNA aneuploidy and chromosomal copy number aberrations (CNAs) in the OPMLs from different oral anatomical subsites...
- Glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms and susceptibility to neuroblastoma
Department of Pediatric Hemato Oncology, National Institute Cancer Research IST, Genoa, Italy
Pharmacogenet Genomics 15:423-6. 2005
..Our data do not support an important effect of GSTs genotype on neuroblastoma susceptibility...
- Detection of MYCN amplification and chromosome 1p36 loss in neuroblastoma by cDNA microarray comparative genomic hybridization
Laboratory of Neuroblastoma, National Cancer Research Institute IST, Genoa, Italy
Mol Diagn 8:93-100. 2004
..We have developed a microarray-based comparative genomic hybridization (CGH) approach to identify MYCN gene amplification and 1p36 chromosome loss, two markers of tumor aggressiveness in neuroblastoma...
- Linkage analysis in families with recurrent neuroblastoma
Laboratory of Neuroblastoma Research, Advanced Biotechnology Center, Genoa, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 963:74-84. 2002
..Our findings indicate that the candidate chromosomal regions and genes analyzed are not in linkage with neuroblastoma...