- [Polycythaemia as a ready factor of transitory global amnesia]
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona
Neurologia 20:317-20. 2005
..In the TGA a hypoperfusion of the temporal brain hemisphere has been documented and this can be a leading mechanism, so we propose that polycythaemia could ready to suffer a TGA...
- Localisation value of ictal arterial spin-labelled sequences in partial seizures
Neurology Department, Vall, d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Epileptic Disord 13:336-9. 2011
..Our findings suggest that focal hyperperfusion, as observed by ASL, may have localising value in temporal epilepsies when performed in the ictal period...
- [Recurrent Transient Global Amnesia, a manifestation of ischemic cerebrovascular disease]
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 125:361-5. 2005
..This study intended to describe clinical characteristics, the vascular risk factors and the evolution of TGA and to define clinical factors associated with recurrence...
- MRI findings in aphasic status epilepticus
Neurology Department, Institute Diagnostic per la Imatge, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Epilepsia 49:1465-9. 2008
..In patients with ASE, lesions on DWI in the temporo-parietal cortex and pulvinar nucleus combined with local hyperperfusion can be observed, even when they appear distant from the epileptic focus or the language areas...
- Diagnosis of epileptic syndrome after a new onset seizure and its correlation at long-term follow-up: longitudinal study of 131 patients from the emergency room
Neurology Department, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Epilepsy Res 97:30-6. 2011
..According to our results, it is realistic to perform the diagnosis of epilepsy after a new onset seizure, although many patients still need further specific examinations, or seizure recurrence, to be diagnosed...
- A new clinical score for the prognosis of status epilepticus in adults
Epilepsy Unit, Neurology Department, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Neurol 23:1534-40. 2016
..Therefore, our aim was to evaluate the effectiveness of mRS and whether its addition to the STESS improves the prediction of mortality...
- Epilepsy in patients with malignant middle cerebral artery infarcts and decompressive craniectomies
Epilepsy Unit, Department of Neurology, Hospital Vall Hebron, Barcelona, Spain Universitat Autònoma Barcelona UAB, Barcelona, Spain Neurotraumatology and Neurosurgery Research Unit UNINN, University Hospital Vall Hebron, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Epilepsy Res 112:130-6. 2015
..Our objective was to study the factors that might influence the occurrence of seizures in this group of patients...
- Myoclonic epilepsy in Down syndrome and Alzheimer disease
J S Aller-Alvarez
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, España Electronic address
Neurologia . 2015
..Both diseases with a common neuropathological basis have been associated with late-onset myoclonic epilepsy (LOMEDS). This entity presents electroencephalogram features as generalized polyspike-wave discharges...
- Reflex seizures triggered by cutaneous stimuli
Unitat d Epilèpsia, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain Electronic address
Seizure 33:72-5. 2015
..The aim of this study was to analyze the clinical, EEG and image data of patients with TIS and HWS...
- [A study of right-left shunt in transient global amnesia]
J de Francisco
Servicio de Neurologia, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
Neurologia 25:83-9. 2010
..In recent studies, TGA was associated with a right to left shunt (RLS). We studied the presence of the RLS in patients with TGA and we compared this series with patients who had suffered a transient ischaemic attack (TIA)...
- Rufinamide in children and adults in routine clinical practice
Epilepsy Unit, Neurology Department, Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Neurol Scand 135:122-128. 2017
..To explore the long-term effectiveness of rufinamide in managing Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS), other epileptic encephalopathies, and intractable focal epilepsies in adults and children in routine clinical practice...
- Lack of evidence for arterial ischemia in transient global amnesia
Stroke 39:476-9. 2008
..Lesions in diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI-L) have been commonly described in transient global amnesia (TGA). We investigated a possible relationship between brain ischemia and TGA...
- [Lack of usefulness of ABCD score in the early risk of recurrent stroke in transient ischemic attack patients]
Francisco Purroy García
Seccion de Neurologia, Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova, Lleida, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 128:201-3. 2007
..Recently a clinical score (ABCD) to identify individuals at high seven-day risk of stroke after transient ischemic attack (TIA) was proposed. The aim of this study was to test this clinical model...
- Use of levetiracetam in hospitalized patients
Department of Neurology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Epilepsia 47:2186-8. 2006
..The objective of the study was to analyze the short-term efficacy and safety of levetiracetam (LEV) to treat repetitive seizures in hospitalized patients...
- [Epileptic status due to non-ketotic hyperglycemia]
Med Clin (Barc) 124:398-9. 2005