Nicolette J Wierdsma
Affiliation: VU University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- [Energy losses from a short bowel: not only fat]N J Wierdsma
VU Medisch Centrum, 0B 115, Postbus 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 149:381-4. 2005..Bomb calorimetry may be considered as a tool to determine the remaining absorptive capacity in short-bowel patients...
- Fructo-oligosaccharides and fibre in enteral nutrition has a beneficial influence on microbiota and gastrointestinal quality of lifeNicolette J Wierdsma
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Scand J Gastroenterol 44:804-12. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) and fibre-enriched tube feeding on quality of life and intestinal microbiota (faecal Bifidobacteria)...
- Refractory celiac disease and EATL patients show severe malnutrition and malabsorption at diagnosisNicolette J Wierdsma
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, VU University Medical Centre, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Clin Nutr 35:685-91. 2016..Therefore, the aim of the study is to comprehensively assess nutritional status and intestinal absorption capacity of patients with RCDII and EATL, compared with data of newly diagnosed CD patients...
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies are highly prevalent in newly diagnosed celiac disease patientsNicolette J Wierdsma
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, VU University Medical Centre, P O Box 7057, Amsterdam 1007 MB, The Netherlands
Nutrients 5:3975-92. 2013..Extensive nutritional assessments seem warranted to guide nutritional advices and follow-up in CD treatment...
- Malabsorption and nutritional balance in the ICU: fecal weight as a biomarker: a prospective observational pilot studyNicolette J Wierdsma
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Crit Care 15:R264. 2011..We aimed to validate the diagnostic accuracy of fecal weight as a biomarker for fecal loss and additionally to assess fecal macronutrient contents and intestinal absorption capacity in ICU patients...
- Poor diagnostic accuracy of a single fasting plasma citrulline concentration to assess intestinal energy absorption capacityJob H C Peters
Department of Gastroenterology, Small Bowel Unit, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Gastroenterol 102:2814-9. 2007..Decreased intestinal energy absorption is regarded a marker of intestinal failure...
- The citrulline generation test: proposal for a new enterocyte function testJ H C Peters
Small Bowel Diseases Unit, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, VU University Medical Center, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 27:1300-10. 2008..As fasting plasma citrulline proved disappointing as a biomarker for enterocyte dysfunction in clinical practice, we propose a citrulline generation test (CGT) to assess enterocyte function...
- Fecal energy losses in enterally fed intensive care patients: an explorative study using bomb calorimetryR J M Strack van Schijndel
Department of Intensive Care, VU University Medical Center, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Nutr 25:758-64. 2006..The purpose of this explorative study was to evaluate the energy losses of patients with loose stools, necessitating the use of a feces-collector device in a tertiary academic ICU...
- Development and validation of a hospital screening tool for malnutrition: the short nutritional assessment questionnaire (SNAQ)H M Kruizenga
Department of Dietetics, VU University Medical Center, P O Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Nutr 24:75-82. 2005..Calculation of percentage weight loss and body mass index (BMI) by the nurse at admission to the hospital appeared to be not feasible. Therefore, the short, nutritional assessment questionnaire (SNAQ), was developed...
- Screening of nutritional status in The NetherlandsH M Kruizenga
Department of Dietetics, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Nutr 22:147-52. 2003..The goal of this screening was to determine the prevalence of disease-related malnutrition in The Netherlands in all fields of medical care and to investigate the involvement of the dietitian in the treatment of malnutrition...