Geesje H Hofsteenge
Affiliation: VU University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Fat-free mass prediction equations for bioelectric impedance analysis compared to dual energy X-ray absorptiometry in obese adolescents: a validation studyGeesje H Hofsteenge
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Internal Medicine, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081, HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Pediatr 15:158. 2015....
- Long-term effect of the Go4it group treatment for obese adolescents: a randomised controlled trialG H Hofsteenge
Nutrition and Dietetics, Dept of Internal Medicine, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands Electronic address
Clin Nutr 33:385-91. 2014..Few studies evaluating treatment of adolescent obesity have been published. Therefore, long-term effects of the Go4it group treatment for obese adolescents were examined...
- Effect of the Go4it multidisciplinary group treatment for obese adolescents on health related quality of life: a randomised controlled trialGeesje H Hofsteenge
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Internal Medicine, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1117, Amsterdam, HV 1081, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 13:939. 2013..This study examined the effect of Go4it on Health Related Quality of Life (HRQoL)...
- [First favourable results of the group education programme Go4it for overweight and obese adolescents]G H Hofsteenge
VU Medisch Centrum, dienst Diëtetiek en Voedingswetenschappen, Postbus 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 152:1628-33. 2008..To evaluate the effect of Go4it, a multidisciplinary group education programme for adolescents with overweight or obesity...
- Go4it; study design of a randomised controlled trial and economic evaluation of a multidisciplinary group intervention for obese adolescents for prevention of diabetes mellitus type 2Geesje H Hofsteenge
Dept, of Nutrition and Dietetics, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 8:410. 2008..Therefore, it is very important that programs aiming at the prevention of type 2 diabetes of obese adolescents are developed and evaluated...
- Validation of predictive equations for resting energy expenditure in obese adolescentsGeesje H Hofsteenge
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 91:1244-54. 2010..When the resting energy expenditure (REE) of overweight and obese adolescents cannot be measured by indirect calorimetry, it has to be predicted with an equation...
- Self-reported screen time and cardiometabolic risk in obese Dutch adolescentsTeatske M Altenburg
VU University Medical Center, EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, Department of Public and Occupational Health, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e53333. 2012..We examined the association between screen time (TV and computer time) and cardiometabolic risk in obese Dutch adolescents...
- Predicting resting energy expenditure in underweight, normal weight, overweight, and obese adult hospital patientsHinke M Kruizenga
Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Internal Medicine, VU University Medical Center, P O Box 7057, Amsterdam, 1007 MB The Netherlands
Nutr Metab (Lond) 13:85. 2016..The objective of this study is to examine the validity of REE predictive equations for underweight, normal weight, overweight, and obese inpatients and outpatients by comparison with indirect calorimetry...