Debby den Uyl
Affiliation: VU University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Low grade inflammation is associated with lower velocity of sound and broadband ultrasound attenuation in older men, but not with bone loss or fracture risk in a longitudinal aging studyDebby den Uyl
Amsterdam Rheumatology and Immunology Center, VU University Medical Center and Reade, The Netherlands Electronic address
Bone 81:270-6. 2015..Our objective was to investigate whether low grade systemic inflammation was associated with bone markers, bone quality, bone mass and fracture risk in a population of older persons...
- Glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosisD den Uyl
VU University Medical Center, Department of Rheumatology, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Rheumatol 29:S93-8. 2011..Different treatment options are summarised considering the pathogenesis of glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis. Improved insights into pathogenesis might result in development of new treatment possibilities...
- Advances in glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosisDebby den Uyl
Department of Rheumatology, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Rheumatol Rep 13:233-40. 2011....
- Short and sustained periods of ACR/EULAR remission predict good functional outcome, but do not predict good radiographic outcome in early rheumatoid arthritis patients with low overall damage progressionNicole P C Konijn
Department of Rheumatology, Amsterdam Rheumatology and Immunology Center, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) . 2016..To investigate whether remission at single and consecutive visits predicts good outcome in early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- The short-term effects of two high-dose, step-down prednisolone regimens on body composition in early rheumatoid arthritisNicole P C Konijn
Department of Rheumatology, Amsterdam Rheumatology and Immunology Center
Rheumatology (Oxford) 55:1615-22. 2016..To investigate the effect of two different high-dose, step-down prednisolone regimens on body composition in early RA patients after 26 weeks of treatment...
- Effective Treatment for Rapid Improvement of Both Disease Activity and Self-Reported Physical Activity in Early Rheumatoid ArthritisNicole P C Konijn
VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 68:280-4. 2016..To investigate the longitudinal relationship between disease activity and self-reported physical activity (PA) in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis during the first year of treatment with combination therapy...
- Intensive combination treatment regimens, including prednisolone, are effective in treating patients with early rheumatoid arthritis regardless of additional etanercept: 1-year results of the COBRA-light open-label, randomised, non-inferiority trialMarieke M ter Wee
Department of Rheumatology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, Noord Holland, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 74:1233-40. 2015..5 mg/week, sulfasalazine 2 g/day, with initial prednisolone 60 mg/day) after 26 weeks in patients with early active rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Subclinical synovitis detected by macrophage PET, but not MRI, is related to short-term flare of clinical disease activity in early RA patients: an exploratory studyYoony Y J Gent
Department of Rheumatology, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, PO Box 7057, Amsterdam, 1081, HV, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 17:266. 2015....
- (Sub)clinical cardiovascular disease is associated with increased bone loss and fracture risk; a systematic review of the association between cardiovascular disease and osteoporosisDebby den Uyl
Department of Rheumatology, VU Medical Centre, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 NV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R5. 2011..The co-occurrence of cardiovascular disease and osteoporosis prompted us to review the evidence of an association between cardiovascular (CV) disease and osteoporosis and potential shared common pathophysiological mechanisms...
- Metabolic effects of high-dose prednisolone treatment in early rheumatoid arthritis: balance between diabetogenic effects and inflammation reductionDebby den Uyl
VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 64:639-46. 2012..To investigate the dose-related effects of glucocorticoid treatment on glucose tolerance, beta cell function, and insulin sensitivity in patients with early active rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- A non-inferiority trial of an attenuated combination strategy ('COBRA-light') compared to the original COBRA strategy: clinical results after 26 weeksDebby den Uyl
Department of Rheumatology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 73:1071-8. 2014..Attenuating the COBRA regimen might lessen concerns about side effects, but the efficacy of such strategies is unknown...
- Patient preference and acceptability of calcium plus vitamin D3 supplementation: a randomised, open, cross-over trialDebby den Uyl
Department of Rheumatology, VU Medical Centre, Room 3A58, P O Box 7057, 1007 MB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Rheumatol 29:465-72. 2010..The two formulations were tolerated equally well. A significant greater number of patients considered the chewable tablet as preferable and acceptable to the sachet, containing calcium and vitamin D(3)...
- Inactivating PSMB5 mutations and P-glycoprotein (multidrug resistance-associated protein/ATP-binding cassette B1) mediate resistance to proteasome inhibitors: ex vivo efficacy of (immuno)proteasome inhibitors in mononuclear blood cells from patients with Sue Ellen Verbrugge
Department of Rheumatology, VU Institute for Cancer and Immunology, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 341:174-82. 2012..These results indicate that the pharmacologic activity of these PIs may be hindered by drug resistance mechanisms involving PSMB5 mutations and PI extrusion via Pgp...