Affiliation: Vrije Universiteit
Country: The Netherlands
- Rok1p is a putative RNA helicase required for rRNA processingJ Venema
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 17:3398-407. 1997..These results suggest that Rok1p is required for the function of the snoRNP complex carrying out the early pre-rRNA cleavage reactions...
- RRP5 is required for formation of both 18S and 5.8S rRNA in yeastJ Venema
EMBL, Gene Expression Programme, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 15:5701-14. 1996..Putative RRP5 homologues from Caenorhabditis elegans and humans were also identified, suggesting that the critical function of Rrp5p is evolutionarily conserved...
- Yeast Rrp9p is an evolutionarily conserved U3 snoRNP protein essential for early pre-rRNA processing cleavages and requires box C for its associationJ Venema
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Instituut Moleculaire Biologische Wetenschappen, BioCentrum Amsterdam, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
RNA 6:1660-71. 2000..Box C is essential, whereas box B plays a supportive role...
- Mutational analysis of the C-terminal region of Saccharomyces cerevisiae ribosomal protein L25 in vitro and in vivo demonstrates the presence of two distinct functional elementsE A Kooi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Vrije Universiteit, The Netherlands
J Mol Biol 240:243-55. 1994..These results indicate that the element in question is crucial for a step in the assembly of the 60 S subunit subsequent to association of L25 with 26 S rRNA...
- Identification of cis-acting elements involved in 3'-end formation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae 18S rRNAC A van Beekvelt
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, IMBW, BioCentrum Amsterdam, Vrije Universiteit, The Netherlands
RNA 7:896-903. 2001..The latter results also showed that the accuracy of cleavage was affected by altering the spacer sequence directly downstream of site D but not by mutations in the 18S rRNA sequence preceding this site...
- All three functional domains of the large ribosomal subunit protein L25 are required for both early and late pre-rRNA processing steps in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeC A van Beekvelt
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, IMBW, BioCentrum Amsterdam, Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1083, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nucleic Acids Res 29:5001-8. 2001..Additional elements located in the N- as well as C-terminal domains of L25 are required for both aspects of pre-rRNA processing...