H J Groenewegen
Affiliation: Vrije Universiteit
Country: The Netherlands
- The anatomical relationships of the prefrontal cortex with limbic structures and the basal gangliaH J Groenewegen
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Psychopharmacol 11:99-106. 1997..This leads to the conclusion that the PFC-ventral striatal system consists of a number of smaller modules...
- Convergence and segregation of ventral striatal inputs and outputsH J Groenewegen
Graduate School Neurosciences Amsterdam, Research Institute Neurosciences Vrije Universiteit, Department of Anatomy, The Netherlands
Ann N Y Acad Sci 877:49-63. 1999..These results support the idea that the nucleus accumbens may consist of a collection of neuronal ensembles with different input-output relationships and, presumably, different functional characteristics...
- Integration and segregation of limbic cortico-striatal loops at the thalamic level: an experimental tracing study in ratsH J Groenewegen
Graduate School Neurosciences Amsterdam, Research Institute Neurosciences Vrije Universiteit, Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Vrije Universiteit, The Netherlands
J Chem Neuroanat 16:167-85. 1999....
- Anatomical evidence for direct connections between the shell and core subregions of the rat nucleus accumbensY C van Dongen
Graduate School Neurosciences Amsterdam, Research Institute Neurosciences Vrije Universiteit, VU University Medical Center, Department of Anatomy, P O Box 7057, MF G102, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuroscience 136:1049-71. 2005..While such neurons are GABAergic, the intrastriatal projection patterns indicate the existence of lateral inhibitory interactions within, as well as between, shell and core subregions of the nucleus accumbens...
- Intrinsic connections of the cingulate cortex in the rat suggest the existence of multiple functionally segregated networksB F Jones
Graduate School Neuroscience Amsterdam, Research Institute Neurosciences, Department of Anatomy, VU University Medical Center, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuroscience 133:193-207. 2005..Through their intricate associational connections, these subregions form functionally segregated networks...
- Effects of unilateral 6-hydroxydopamine lesions on neuropeptide immunoreactivity in the basal ganglia of the common marmoset, Callithrix jacchus, a quantitative immunohistochemical analysisT A Roeling
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Vrije Universiteit, Faculty of Medicine, Graduate School Neurosciences, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Chem Neuroanat 9:155-64. 1995..Therefore, the results of the present study indicate that in marmosets dopamine has a inhibiting effect on the levels of striatal enkephalin, while its effect on substance P (SP) appears to be absent...
- Injection of dye into neurones in rat and human post-mortem brain, in combination with acetylcholinesterase histochemistry: permanent preparationsL D Loopuijt
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurosci Methods 75:161-9. 1997....
- Leads for the development of neuroprotective treatment in Parkinson's disease and brain imaging methods for estimating treatment efficacyJ C Stoof
Department of Neurology, Research Institute for Neurosciences, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 375:75-86. 1999....
- C-fos activation patterns in rat prefrontal cortex during acquisition of a cued classical conditioning taskR E Nordquist
Department of Anatomy, Research Institute Neurosciences, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Behav Brain Res 146:65-75. 2003..The differences seen between paired, unpaired and context exposed groups in orbital and lateral PFC could be due to contextual conditioning or reward-related effects...