Louk van der Post
Country: The Netherlands
- A prediction model for the incidence of civil detention for crisis patients with psychiatric illnesses; the Amsterdam study of acute psychiatry VIILouk F M van der Post
Department of Research, ARKIN Mental Health Care, Klaprozenweg 111, 1033NN, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 49:283-90. 2014..The aim of the ASAP study is to develop a comprehensive prediction model that considers all possible patient-related predictors known from earlier research...
- Social support and risk of compulsory admission: part IV of the Amsterdam Study of Acute PsychiatryLouk F M van der Post
Department of Research, ARKIN Mental Health Care, Klaprozenweg 111, Amsterdam 1033NN, The Netherlands
Psychiatr Serv 63:577-83. 2012..Social support for patients with a mental illness has been associated with a lower rate of hospitalization. It is important to clarify the role played by a lack of social support as a possible predictor of emergency compulsory admission...
- Factors associated with higher risks of emergency compulsory admission for immigrants: a report from the ASAP studyLouk van der Post
ARKIN Mental Health Care, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Int J Soc Psychiatry 58:374-80. 2012..In this article we concentrate on the influence of ethnic background, pathways to psychiatric emergency services and the amount of past psychiatric treatment as predictors of emergency compulsory admission...
- [Emergency compulsory admission in crisis situations; the Amsterdam Study of Acute Psychiatry]L F M van der Post
Tijdschr Psychiatr 54:317-27. 2012..This article presents initial data from the Amsterdam Study of Acute Psychiatry (ASAP) which investigated the factors that play a role in the decision to admit a patient compulsorily to a psychiatric clinic in the Amsterdam area...
- The Amsterdam Studies of Acute Psychiatry I (ASAP-I); a prospective cohort study of determinants and outcome of coercive versus voluntary treatment interventions in a metropolitan areaLouk van der Post
JellinekMentrum Mental Health Care, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Psychiatry 8:35. 2008....
- [Changes in crisis intervention and emergency psychiatry, Amsterdam emergency consultations in 1983 and 2005]L F M van der Post
Arkin GGZ, Amsterdam
Tijdschr Psychiatr 51:139-50. 2009..Since 1992 The Netherlands has seen a striking increase in the number of compulsory admissions. There is a danger that coercion will become the dominant form of treatment in the Amsterdam clinics...
- Involuntary admission of emergency psychiatric patients: report from the Amsterdam Study of Acute PsychiatryLouk van der Post
Research Department, ARKIN Mental Health Care, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Psychiatr Serv 60:1543-6. 2009....