Affiliation: Utrecht University
Country: The Netherlands
- The similia principle: results obtained in a cellular model systemFred Wiegant
Faculty of Science, Department of Biology, Molecular Cell Biology Cellular Dynamics, Utrecht University, P O Box 80056, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Homeopathy 99:3-14. 2010....
- Plant adaptogens increase lifespan and stress resistance in C. elegansF A C Wiegant
Department of Biology, Cellular Architecture and Dynamics, Institute of Biomembranes, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Biogerontology 10:27-42. 2009..Based on these observations, it is suggested that adaptogens are experienced as mild stressors at the lifespan-enhancing concentrations and thereby induce increased stress resistance and a longer lifespan...
- An undergraduate course to bridge the gap between textbooks and scientific researchFred Wiegant
Science Department, University College Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
CBE Life Sci Educ 10:83-94. 2011..We hope to provide colleagues with an example of a course that encourages and stimulates students to develop essential research thinking skills...
- Collaborative Learning in Higher Education: Evoking Positive InterdependenceKarin Scager
Department of Social Sciences, Utrecht University, 3508 TC Utrecht, The Netherlands
CBE Life Sci Educ 15:. 2016..It is concluded that collaborative learning in higher education should be designed using challenging and relevant tasks that build shared ownership with students...
- The influence of adaptogens on ultraweak biophoton emission: a pilot-experimentF W G Schutgens
University College Utrecht, The Netherlands
Phytother Res 23:1103-8. 2009..049) concerning the experienced level of fatigue in the Rhodiola group was observed compared with the placebo group. No significant changes were observed between the ADAPT-232 and the placebo group...