Barbara C Schouten
Affiliation: Utrecht University
Country: The Netherlands
- Information and participation preferences of dental patientsB C Schouten
Utrecht University, Department of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, Heidelberglaan 2, Postbox 80140, 3508 TC Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Dent Res 83:961-5. 2004..It is concluded that, in the study of the etiology of patients' preferences for information and participation, future research should incorporate factors such as dental anxiety and seriousness of the dental condition...
- The impact of an intervention in intercultural communication on doctor-patient interaction in The NetherlandsBarbara C Schouten
Interdisciplinary Social Science Department, Utrecht University, P O Box 80 140, 3508 TC Utrecht, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 58:288-95. 2005..The aim of the present study was to examine the effects of this intervention on doctor-patient communication...
- Cultural differences in medical communication: a review of the literatureBarbara C Schouten
Interdisciplinary Social Science Department, Research Institute for Psychology and Health, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 64:21-34. 2006..In addition, a research model for studying this topic in future research is proposed...
- Cultural differences in managing information during medical interaction: how does the physician get a clue?Ludwien Meeuwesen
Utrecht University, Interdisciplinary Social Science Department, Research School Psychology and Health, P O Box 80 140, 3508 TC Utrecht, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 67:183-90. 2007..What are the cultural differences in the managing of information in medical conversation? What is the relation with level of mutual understanding?..
- Patient participation during dental consultations: the influence of patients' characteristics and dentists' behaviorBarbara C Schouten
Academic Centre of Dentistry Amsterdam, Department of Social Dentistry, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 31:368-77. 2003....
- Dutch dentists' views of informed consent: a replication studyBarbara C Schouten
Department of Social Dentists and Health Education, Academic Centre of Dentistry, Louwesweg 1, EA Amsterdam 1066, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 52:165-8. 2004..Specifically, dentists' fear for legal procedures and the difficulty they have with informing immigrant patients warrants further attention...
- Parent-adolescent communication about sexuality: the role of adolescents' beliefs, subjective norm and perceived behavioral controlBarbara C Schouten
Department of Communication, The Amsterdam School of Communications Research, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 66:75-83. 2007..In addition, the role of adolescents' gender, ethnic background, religiosity and educational level on these relationships was assessed as well...
- Cultural diversity in patient participation: the influence of patients' characteristics and doctors' communicative behaviourBarbara C Schouten
Department of Communication, The Amsterdam School of Communications Research, University of Amsterdam, Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 67:214-23. 2007..An additional goal was to identify the independent contribution of these variables to the degree of patient satisfaction and mutual understanding between GP and patient...