Affiliation: University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Autologous haemopoietic stem-cell transplantation in four patients with refractory juvenile chronic arthritisN Wulffraat
Department of Pediatric Immunology and Haematology, University Hospital for Children Het Wilhelmina Kinderziekenhuis, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Lancet 353:550-3. 1999..We report the first four children with severe forms of juvenile chronic arthritis (JCA) treated with AHSCT...
- Autologous hemopoietic stem-cell transplantation for children with refractory autoimmune diseaseN M Wulffraat
Department of Pediatric Immunology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Centre Utrecht, PO 85090, 3508AB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Curr Rheumatol Rep 2:316-23. 2000..ASCT in this severely ill patient group induces a very significant and drug-free remission of the disease, but carries a significantly risk of developing fatal MAS...
- Myeloid related protein 8 and 14 secretion reflects phagocyte activation and correlates with disease activity in juvenile idiopathic arthritis treated with autologous stem cell transplantationN M Wulffraat
Department of Paediatric Immunology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Centre Utrecht, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 62:236-41. 2003....
- Reduced perforin expression in systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis is restored by autologous stem-cell transplantationN M Wulffraat
Department of Paediatric Immunology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Centre Utrecht, PO Box 85090, The Netherlands
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:375-9. 2003..Because symptoms of patients with systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis (sJIA) are sometimes clinically very similar to those with FHL, we studied whether perforin expression in sJIA patients would be reduced also...
- Stem cell transplantation for autoimmune disorders. Refractory juvenile idiopathic arthritisNico M Wulffraat
Department of Paediatric Immunology and Rheumatology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Utrecht, P O Box 85090, Utrecht 3508 AB, The Netherlands
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 17:277-89. 2004..It is still unclear why especially patients with systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis are at risk of episodes of reactive haemophagocytosis...
- Treatment of refractory autoimmune diseases with autologous stem cell transplantation: focus on juvenile idiopathic arthritisN M Wulffraat
Department of Pediatrics, Section Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:S27-9. 2005..Infectious complications were seen frequently. We propose adjustments in future protocols to reduce this mortality in this high-risk patient group...
- Immunomodulatory properties of mesenchymal stem cells: a review based on an interdisciplinary meeting held at the Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology Division, London, UK, 31 October 2005Alan Tyndall
Rheumatology, University Hospital Basel, Felix Platter Spital, Burgfelderstrasse 101, Basel, CH 4012, Switzerland
Arthritis Res Ther 9:301. 2007..This review summarizes the findings of a 1-day meeting devoted to the subject with the aim of coordinating efforts...
- Changing winds in refractory autoimmune disease in children: clearing the road for tolerance with cellular therapiesJoost F Swart
Department of Pediatric Immunology and Rheumatology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Rheumatol 24:267-73. 2012..To give an overview of the recent advances in cellular therapies in pediatric autoimmune diseases...
- Autologous bone marrow transplantation in autoimmune arthritis restores immune homeostasis through CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T cellsSarah T A Roord
Department of Pediatric Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, Utrecht, USA
Blood 111:5233-41. 2008..This work provided further insight into the role of Tregs in restoration of the immune balance by aBMT and can open the way to explore therapeutic interventions to further improve treatment of AID and disease relapses...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for autoimmunity induces immunologic self-tolerance by reprogramming autoreactive T cells and restoring the CD4+CD25+ immune regulatory networkIsme de Kleer
University Medical Center Utrecht, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, Home Mailbox KC 03 063 0, Department of Pediatric Immunology, PO Box 85090, 3508 AB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 107:1696-702. 2006....
- Restoration of the immune balance by autologous bone marrow transplantation in juvenile idiopathic arthritisEveline Delemarre
Departement of Pediatric Immunology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Curr Stem Cell Res Ther 6:3-9. 2011..In this review we reviewed the current views of the cellular mechanisms that lay beneath disease induction of JIA and the disease remission caused by aBMT therapy...
- Fatal hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in X-linked chronic granulomatous disease associated with a perforin gene variantJoris M van Montfrans
Department of Pediatric Immunology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pediatr Blood Cancer 52:527-9. 2009..Although this substitution has not been reported to cause primary or secondary HLH, we speculate that it may have made the patient more susceptible for HLH under the circumstances of ongoing infection associated with X-CGD...