Willemijn A K M Windt
Affiliation: University Medical Center Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Renal targeting of captopril using captopril-lysozyme conjugate enhances its antiproteinuric effect in adriamycin-induced nephrosisWillemijn A K M Windt
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Groningen University, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 5:197-202. 2004..We compared the antiproteinuric efficacy of captopril to that of the captopril-lysozyme conjugate in adriamycin-induced proteinuric rats fed with a high-sodium diet...
- Therapeutic resistance to angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibition is related to pharmacodynamic and -kinetic factors in 5/6 nephrectomized ratsWillemijn A K M Windt
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Groningen Institute for Drug Evaluation, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 580:231-40. 2008..32, P=0.003). In conclusion, both pharmacodynamic and -kinetic factors account for the non-response to lisinopril. Whether these can be overcome simply by increasing drug dosage in non-responders should be investigated...
- Myocardial infarction does not further impair renal damage in 5/6 nephrectomized ratsWillemijn A K M Windt
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Groningen, PO Box 196, NL 9700 AD, Groningen, The Netherlands
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:3103-10. 2008..The effects of an MI on pre-existing severe renal function loss and the effects of RAAS intervention interrupting this hypothesized cardiorenal interaction are however unknown and clinically even more relevant...
- Renal damage after myocardial infarction is prevented by renin-angiotensin-aldosterone-system interventionWillemijn A K M Windt
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:3059-66. 2006..VPI treatment seemed to provide no additional renoprotection compared with sole ACEi after 6 wk of treatment in this model, despite a more pronounced ACE-inhibiting effect of VPI...
- Early, but not late therapy with a vasopressin V1a-antagonist ameliorates the development of renal damage after 5/6 nephrectomyWillemijn A K M Windt
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Groningen Institute for Drug Evaluation GUIDE, University Medical Center Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1 NL 9713 AV Groningen NL 9713, The Netherlands
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 7:217-24. 2006....
- Myocardial infarction enhances progressive renal damage in an experimental model for cardio-renal interactionRichard P E van Dokkum
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, NL 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:3103-10. 2004..Finding the underlying mechanism will enable improved protection for both kidneys and heart...