J T J Visser
Affiliation: University Medical Center Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Prevention of diabetes by a hydrolysed casein-based diet in diabetes-prone BioBreeding rats does not involve restoration of the defective natural regulatory T cell functionJ Visser
Department of Cell Biology, Immunology Section, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Diabetologia 52:1445-7. 2009
- Potential mechanisms explaining why hydrolyzed casein-based diets outclass single amino acid-based diets in the prevention of autoimmune diabetes in diabetes-prone BB ratsJ T J Visser
Department of Cell Biology, Section Immunology, University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 28:505-13. 2012..Intestinal integrity, gut microbiota composition and mucosal immune reactivity were studies to assess whether these formulations have differential effects in autoimmune diabetes prevention...
- Restoration of impaired intestinal barrier function by the hydrolysed casein diet contributes to the prevention of type 1 diabetes in the diabetes-prone BioBreeding ratJ T J Visser
Department of Cell Biology, Section Immunology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, PO Box 196, 9700 AD Groningen, The Netherlands
Diabetologia 53:2621-8. 2010....
- Frequencies and role of regulatory T cells in patients with (pre)malignant cervical neoplasiaJ Visser
Department of Gynecology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Immunol 150:199-209. 2007....
- Antibiotic treatment partially protects against type 1 diabetes in the Bio-Breeding diabetes-prone rat. Is the gut flora involved in the development of type 1 diabetes?S Brugman
Department of Cell Biology, Immunology Section, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV, Groningen, The Netherlands
Diabetologia 49:2105-8. 2006..This study was designed to investigate the possible relationship between the development of diabetes and the composition of intestinal flora...
- Immunophenotype of hematopoietic stem cells from placental/umbilical cord blood after cultureP Pranke
Laboratorio de Hematologia, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Av Ipiranga 2752, 90160 000 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Braz J Med Biol Res 38:1775-89. 2005..We conclude that culture of CD34+ cells with TPO + FL + KL results in a significant increase in the number of candidate stem cells with the CD34+CD38- phenotype...
- The spectrum of lower motor neuron syndromesR M Van Den Berg-Vos
Dept of Neurology, Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neurosciences, University Medical Centre Utrecht, 85500, 3508 GA, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Neurol 250:1279-92. 2003..For the individual patient, distinction between the various lower motor neuron syndromes is important as it enables the physician to provide adequate information over the disease course in LMND and to facilitate early treatment in MMN...
- Regulation of the alpha-glucuronidase-encoding gene ( aguA) from Aspergillus nigerR P de Vries
Department of Microbiology, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Genet Genomics 268:96-102. 2002..This system responds to the presence of glucuronic and galacturonic acids, and is not dependent on XLNR...
- Interpretation of electrodiagnostic findings in sporadic progressive muscular atrophyJ Visser
Dept of Neurology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, 22700, 1100 DE, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurol 255:903-9. 2008....
- Disease severity in multifocal motor neuropathy and its association with the response to immunoglobulin treatmentR M Van Den Berg-Vos
Department of Neurology, Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neurosciences, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Neurol 249:330-6. 2002..These findings imply that early treatment may prevent future progression of weakness and disability in patients with MMN...
- Increased sensitivity to glucocorticoids in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of chronic fatigue syndrome patients, without evidence for altered density or affinity of glucocorticoid receptorsJ Visser
Division of Immunological and Infectious Diseases, TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Investig Med 49:195-204. 2001....
- CreA modulates the XlnR-induced expression on xylose of Aspergillus niger genes involved in xylan degradationR P de Vries
Molecular Genetics of Industrial Microorganisms, Wageningen Agricultural University, The Netherlands
Res Microbiol 150:281-5. 1999..The genes tested were not influenced to the same extent by XlnR or CreA, resulting in specific expression levels and patterns for each individual gene...