E A Verschuuren
Affiliation: University Hospital Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Towards standardization of the human cytomegalovirus antigenemia assayE A Verschuuren
Department of Clinical Immunology, University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
Intervirology 42:382-9. 1999....
- Treatment of posttransplant lymphoproliferative disease with rituximab: the remission, the relapse, and the complicationErik A M Verschuuren
Dept of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Groningen, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Transplantation 73:100-4. 2002..Thus far, no major complications have been described. We treated three lung transplant recipients with Rituximab because of PTLD...
- Quantitative Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) serology in lung transplant recipients with primary EBV infection and/or post-transplant lymphoproliferative diseaseErik Verschuuren
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Med Virol 69:258-66. 2003..In conclusion, EBV-specific antibody patterns after lung transplantation are highly restricted and variable and of limited value for the diagnosis or prognosis of post-transplant lymphoproliferative disease...
- Epstein-Barr virus-DNA load monitoring late after lung transplantation: a surrogate marker of the degree of immunosuppression and a safe guide to reduce immunosuppressionNicolaas A Bakker
Department of Hematology, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Transplantation 83:433-8. 2007....
- Role of Epstein-Barr virus DNA load monitoring in prevention and early detection of post-transplant lymphoproliferative diseaseServi J C Stevens
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Leuk Lymphoma 43:831-40. 2002..Finally, a standardization of methodology, clinical specimen type, and cut-off values is proposed. This is essential for comparisons between different institutes and more adequate patient management...
- Bronchoalveolar lavage in a patient with recurrence of sarcoidosis after lung transplantationDirk Jan Slebos
Departments of Pulmonary Diseases and Lung Transplantation, University Hospital Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
J Heart Lung Transplant 23:1010-3. 2004..In this case report we show, for the first time, the utility of bronchoalveolar lavage fluid in diagnosing the recurrence of sarcoidosis in the transplanted allograft...
- Presentation and early detection of post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder after solid organ transplantationNicolaas A Bakker
Department of Haematology, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Transpl Int 20:207-18. 2007....
- HLA antigens and post renal transplant lymphoproliferative disease: HLA-B matching is criticalNicolaas A Bakker
Department of Hematology, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands
Transplantation 80:595-9. 2005..Decreased surveillance by T-cells with dual specificity for Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) as well as for allo HLA antigens on the allograft might facilitate clonal expansion of B-cells latently infected with EBV...
- HLA matching and posttransplant lymphoproliferative disease after lung transplantationNicolaas A Bakker
Transplantation 80:1134-5. 2005
- Kinetics of US28 gene expression during active human cytomegalovirus infection in lung-transplant recipientsJasper M Boomker
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Medical Biology Section, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Infect Dis 193:1552-6. 2006..We found that, during primary and secondary infection, the IE1 and US28 genes have early transcription kinetics and are expressed at similar levels. This may render US28 an attractive target for antiviral therapy...
- Early onset post-transplant lymphoproliferative disease is associated with allograft localizationNicolaas A Bakker
Department of Hematology, University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin Transplant 19:327-34. 2005..This may have clinical consequences and give new insights in pathogenesis of PTLD. Performance status and stage are important risk factors for outcome of PTLD...
- Survival benefit of cardiopulmonary bypass support in bilateral lung transplantation for emphysema patientsWillem J de Boer
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University Hospital Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands W J de Boer thorax azg nl
Transplantation 73:1621-7. 2002..This study is designed to examine a possible association of cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) support and outcome of lung transplantation in a well-balanced group of emphysema patients...
- Pre-transplant quality of life does not predict survival after lung transplantationKarin M Vermeulen
Department of Epidemiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
J Heart Lung Transplant 27:623-7. 2008..In this study we sought to determine whether HRQL before transplantation predicts survival after lung transplantation...