Nienke E Verbeek
Affiliation: University Medical Center Utrecht
Country: The Netherlands
- Seizure precipitants in Dravet syndrome: What events and activities are specifically provocative compared with other epilepsies?Nienke E Verbeek
Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Lundlaan 6, 3584 EA Utrecht, The Netherlands Electronic address
Epilepsy Behav 47:39-44. 2015..This study aimed to describe seizure precipitants in Dravet syndrome (DS) compared with other epilepsies...
- Effect of vaccinations on seizure risk and disease course in Dravet syndromeNienke E Verbeek
From the Department of Medical Genetics N E V, A C M S, E I, M V K, C G F d K, B P C K, N V K, D L, E H B and Department of Child Neurology, Brain Center Rudolf Magnus F E J, K P B, University Medical Center Utrecht Centre for Infectious Disease Control N A T v d M, P E V d B, J M K, National Institute for Public Health and Environment RIVM, Bilthoven Stichting Epilepsie Instellingen Nederland E H, W B G, Zwolle Stichting Epilepsie Instellingen Nederland H H G, P B A, Heemstede Epilepsy Center Kempenhaeghe A d L, Heeze Department of Child Neurology R F N, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam Department of Child Neurology J H S, Radboud Medical Centre, Nijmegen Department of Neurology H S, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Nijmegen Department of Child Neurology R J V, VU Medical Centre, Amsterdam Department of Child Neurology J N, Maastricht University Medical Centre and Department of Neurology O F B, University of Groningen, University Medical Centre of Groningen, The Netherlands
Neurology 85:596-603. 2015..To study the effect of vaccination-associated seizure onset on disease course and estimate the risk of subsequent seizures after infant pertussis combination and measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccinations in Dravet syndrome (DS)...
- Etiologies for seizures around the time of vaccinationNienke E Verbeek
Department of Medical Genetics, and
Pediatrics 134:658-66. 2014..This study was an assessment of the incidence, course, and etiology of epilepsy with vaccination-related seizure onset in a population-based cohort of children...
- Prevalence of SCN1A-related dravet syndrome among children reported with seizures following vaccination: a population-based ten-year cohort studyNienke E Verbeek
Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e65758. 2013..To determine differences in characteristics of reported seizures after vaccination in children with and without SCN1A-related Dravet syndrome...
- Adults with a history of possible Dravet syndrome: an illustration of the importance of analysis of the SCN1A geneNienke E Verbeek
DBG Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Epilepsia 52:e23-5. 2011..A mild form of Dravet syndrome in adult patients is associated with a high recurrence risk and possibly a more severe epilepsy phenotype in their offspring...
- Nav 1.1 dysfunction in genetic epilepsy with febrile seizures-plus or Dravet syndromeLinda Volkers
Division of Biomedical Genetics, Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurosci 34:1268-75. 2011..1 gating. Interestingly, while loss of Na(v) 1.1 function is common in DS, the R865G mutation may cause DS by overall gain-of-function defects...
- A co-segregating microduplication of chromosome 15q11.2 pinpoints two risk genes for autism spectrum disorderBert van der Zwaag
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, UMC Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:960-6. 2010..247), which suggests that our findings should be interpreted with caution and indicates the need for studies that include large numbers of control subjects to ascertain the impact of these changes on a population scale...
- Social Responsiveness Scale-aided analysis of the clinical impact of copy number variations in autismEmma van Daalen
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Medical Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neurogenetics 12:315-23. 2011..Our study extends the scope of genome-wide CNV profiling beyond de novo CNVs in sporadic patients and may aid in uncovering missing heritability in genome-wide screening studies of complex psychiatric disorders...
- Copy number variations in patients with electrical status epilepticus in sleepSietske H G Kevelam
Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Child Neurol 27:178-82. 2012..However, further studies are needed to confirm our findings...
- Gene-network analysis identifies susceptibility genes related to glycobiology in autismBert van der Zwaag
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 4:e5324. 2009..Our findings suggest that the occurrence of genomic gains and losses of genes associated with glycobiology are important contributors to the development of ASD...
- Functional analysis of novel KCNQ2 mutations found in patients with Benign Familial Neonatal ConvulsionsLinda Volkers
Complex Genetics Section, DBG Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neurosci Lett 462:24-9. 2009....