M Van Kleef
Affiliation: University Hospital Maastricht
Country: The Netherlands
- Randomized trial of radiofrequency lumbar facet denervation for chronic low back painM Van Kleef
Department of Anaesthesiology, Pain Management and Research Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 24:1937-42. 1999..A prospective double-blind randomized trial in 31 patients...
- Spinal cord stimulation of dorsal columns in a rat model of neuropathic pain: evidence for a segmental spinal mechanism of pain reliefH Smits
Pain Management and Research Center, Department of Anesthesiology, Maastricht University Hospital, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Pain 153:177-83. 2012..From this we conclude that SCS in treatment of neuropathic pain acts through a segmental spinal site of action...
- Pain relief in complex regional pain syndrome due to spinal cord stimulation does not depend on vasodilationM A Kemler
Department of Surgery of Maastricht University Hospital, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Anesthesiology 92:1653-60. 2000..In addition, we tried to determine which of the potential mechanisms may cause the vasodilatory effect that is generally found after SCS...
- Predictors of physical and emotional recovery 6 and 12 months after surgeryM L Peters
Department of Clinical Psychological Science, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 97:1518-27. 2010..The aim of this study was to examine the incidence and predictors of unfavourable long-term outcome after surgery using a prospective cohort design...
- Relapsing ulcerative colitis associated with spinal cord stimulationM A Kemler
Department of Surgery, Department of Anaesthesiology, Maastricht University Hospital, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 117:215-7. 1999..After removal of the system, remission returned and remained. This case suggests that electrical current may influence the course of ulcerative colitis...
- Radiofrequency lesions of the stellate ganglion in chronic pain syndromes: retrospective analysis of clinical efficacy in 86 patientsT Forouzanfar
Pain Management and Research Centre, Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Clin J Pain 16:164-8. 2000..To evaluate the outcome of RF-SG as a therapy for different chronic pain syndromes, we reviewed 86 RF-SG procedures...
- Randomized controlled trial of percutaneous intradiscal radiofrequency thermocoagulation for chronic discogenic back pain: lack of effect from a 90-second 70 C lesionG A Barendse
Pain Management and Research Centre, Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:287-92. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Percutaneous intradiscal radiofrequency thermocoagulation (90 seconds, 70 C) is not effective in reducing chronic discogenic low back pain...
- The prevalence of postoperative pain in a sample of 1490 surgical inpatientsM Sommer
University Hospital Maastricht, Department of Anaesthesiology and Pain Treatment, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur J Anaesthesiol 25:267-74. 2008..To measure the prevalence of postoperative pain, an assessment was made of 1490 surgical inpatients who were receiving postoperative pain treatment according to an acute pain protocol...
- Cervicogenic headache: techniques of diagnostic nerve blocksJ A van Suijlekom
Department of Anaesthesiology, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Rheumatol 18:S39-44. 2000..Herein we present an overview of diagnostic nerve blocks in the cervical area. Suggestions as to their role in the diagnosis of CEH are given...
- Clinical course of non-specific low back pain: a systematic review of prospective cohort studies set in primary careC J Itz
Department of Health Service Research, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur J Pain 17:5-15. 2013..Proportions of patients still reporting pain during follow-up were pooled using a random-effects model. Subgroup analyses were used to identify sources of variation between the results of individual studies...
- Systemic but not local administration of retinoic acid reduces early transcript levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines after experimental spinal cord injuryS van Neerven
Department of Anesthesiology, School for Mental Health and Neuroscience, Maastricht University Medical Center, P Debyelaan 25, 6202 AZ, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Neurosci Lett 485:21-5. 2010..Future studies are required to investigate the effects of single intraperitoneal RA treatment on long-term SCI outcome...
- Transplacental transfer of remifentanil in the pregnant eweJ B Coonen
Department of Anaesthesiology, MUMC, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Br J Pharmacol 161:1472-6. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the placental transfer and haemodynamic effects of remifentanil after i.v. administration to pregnant ewes...
- Effect of spinal cord stimulation in an animal model of neuropathic pain relates to degree of tactile "allodynia"H Smits
Pain Management and Research Center, Department of Anaesthesiology, Maastricht University Hospital, P Debyelaan 25, PO Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Neuroscience 143:541-6. 2006....
- Prevalence of pain in patients with cancer: a systematic review of the past 40 yearsM H J van den Beuken-van Everdingen
Pain Management and Research Centre, University Hospital Maastricht, Masstricht, The Netherlands
Ann Oncol 18:1437-49. 2007..We investigated the prevalence of pain in cancer patients according to the different disease stages and types of cancer...
- Spinal cord stimulation in complex regional pain syndrome: cervical and lumbar devices are comparably effectiveT Forouzanfar
Department of Anaesthesiology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Br J Anaesth 92:348-53. 2004..However, long-term effects of this treatment have not been reported. The present study investigated the long-term effects of cervical and lumbar SCS in patients with complex regional pain syndrome type I...
- The quest for new devices to improve postoperative pain controlM A E Marcus
Anesth Analg 99:623; author reply 623-4. 2004