Julia Cm van Weert
Affiliation: University of Amsterdam
Country: The Netherlands
- Decision aids to help older people make health decisions: a systematic review and meta-analysisJulia C M van Weert
Amsterdam School of Communication Research ASCoR, Department of Communication Science, University of Amsterdam, P O Box 15791, 1001 NG, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 16:45. 2016....
- Older cancer patients' information and communication needs: what they want is what they get?Julia C M van Weert
Amsterdam School of Communication Research ASCoR, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 92:388-97. 2013....
- QUOTEchemo: a patient-centred instrument to measure quality of communication preceding chemotherapy treatment through the patient's eyesJulia C M van Weert
Amsterdam School of Communications Research, University of Amsterdam, Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 45:2967-76. 2009....
- Effects of communication skills training and a Question Prompt Sheet to improve communication with older cancer patients: a randomized controlled trialJulia C M van Weert
Amsterdam School of Communication Research ASCoR, Department of Communication Sciences, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 80:145-59. 2011..The results indicate that nurses' communication skills can be improved by communication skills training. More research is needed to understand the difficult relationship between patient-provider communication and recall of information...
- Tailored information for cancer patients on the Internet: effects of visual cues and language complexity on information recall and satisfactionJulia C M van Weert
Department of Communication Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 84:368-78. 2011..This study was designed to investigate the effects of visual cues and language complexity on satisfaction and information recall using a personalised website for lung cancer patients. In addition, age effects were investigated...
- Older cancer patients' information and support needs surrounding treatment: An evaluation through the eyes of patients, relatives and professionalsElise R Posma
Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research NIVEL, P, O, Box 1568, 3500 BN Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Nurs 8:1. 2009..This article describes the views of older cancer patients, their relatives and professionals on older patients' specific communication needs regarding chemotherapy treatment...