M M Rovers
Affiliation: University Medical Center Utrecht
Country: The Netherlands
- Does a trial on the effects of ventilation tubes influence clinical practice?M M Rovers
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 28:355-9. 2003..The study suggests that the adoption of research results require more than simple dissemination of the results. (Inter)national debate is recommended to value the results of clinical trials for daily practice...
- Generalizability of trial results based on randomized versus nonrandomized allocation of OME infants to ventilation tubes or watchful waitingM M Rovers
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 54:789-94. 2001..The procedure of following up both randomized and nonrandomized patients is recommended when there is concern about selective participation and reduced generalizability...
- Comparison of balanced and random allocation in clinical trials: a simulation studyM M Rovers
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Epidemiol 16:1123-9. 2000....
- Grommets in otitis media with effusion: an individual patient data meta-analysisM M Rovers
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care and Department of Pediatrics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Netherlands
Arch Dis Child 90:480-5. 2005..To identify subgroups of children with otitis media with effusion (OME) that might benefit more than others from treatment with ventilation tubes...
- Ventilation tubes in infants increase the risk of otorrhoea and antibiotic usageK Ingels
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
B-ENT 1:173-6. 2005....
- Randomised controlled trial of the effect of ventilation tubes (grommets) on quality of life at age 1-2 yearsM M Rovers
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, Netherlands
Arch Dis Child 84:45-49. 2001..CONCLUSION: Ventilation tubes do not have a substantial incremental effect on the quality of life of infants aged 1-2 years with uncomplicated persistent bilateral OME...
- Poor perception of dyspnoea in children with undiagnosed asthmaR van Gent
Department of Paediatrics, Maxima Medical Center, 5500 MB, Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 30:887-91. 2007..06 and 0.11, respectively). Among children with bronchial hyperresponsiveness, those without a parent's report of physician's diagnosis of asthma had a worse perception of dyspnoea than children with diagnosed asthma...
- [The practice guideline 'Otitis media with effusion' (second revision) from the Dutch College of General Practitioners]L J Boomsma
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 151:267-8; author reply 268. 2007
- [Summary of the practice guideline 'Otits media with effusion' (second revision) from the Dutch College of General Practitioners]L J Boomsma
Nederlands Huisartsen Genootschap, afd Richtlijnontwikkeling en Wetenschap, Utrecht
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 150:2028-32. 2006..Children with abnormal results on the new form of neonatal auditory screening should preferably be referred to a centre for audiology...
- Incidence of GP-diagnosed respiratory tract infections according to age, gender and high-risk co-morbidity: the Second Dutch National Survey of General PracticeE Hak
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Fam Pract 23:291-4. 2006..Figures on GP-diagnosed respiratory tract infections (RTI) are outdated because of demographic changes and increase in co-morbid conditions, respiratory vaccination programmes and change in illness behaviour...
- The impact of recurrent acute otitis media on the quality of life of children and their caregiversC N M Brouwer
Department of Pediatrics, Spaarne Hospital Haarlem, The Netherlands
Clin Otolaryngol 30:258-65. 2005....
- The effect of short-term ventilation tubes versus watchful waiting on hearing in young children with persistent otitis media with effusion: a randomized trialM M Rovers
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ear Hear 22:191-9. 2001..This is probably due to partial recurrent OME in the VT group and to partial spontaneous recovery in the WW group...
- Adherence to follow-up recommendations in asthmaR van Gent
Maxima Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, PO Box 7777, 5500 MB, Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Arch Dis Child 93:236-8. 2008..Thirty-eight per cent of their parents refused to visit a general practitioner for this disorder. Factors associated with the refusal were high maternal education, mild symptoms and absence of airway reversibility...