Theodorus Leonardus Ponsioen
Affiliation: University Medical Center Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Collagen distribution in the human vitreoretinal interfaceTheodorus L Ponsioen
Department of Ophthalmology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:4089-95. 2008....
- Packages of vitreous collagen (type II) in the human retina: an indication of postnatal collagen turnover?Theodorus L Ponsioen
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital University of Groningen, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Exp Eye Res 80:643-50. 2005..Connections between vitreous and intraretinal collagen networks can make the (pre-)equatorial area more vulnerable to tearing and retinal detachment in the case of liquefaction and PVD...
- In vitro phagocytosis of collagens by immortalised human retinal Müller cellsTheodorus Leonardus Ponsioen
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB, Groningen, The Netherlands
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:82-92. 2007..This study is a first step to investigate phagocytosis of collagens by human retinal Müller cells, since Müller cells could be involved in remodelling of the vitreous and vitreoretinal interface in the human eye...
- Human retinal Müller cells synthesize collagens of the vitreous and vitreoretinal interface in vitroTheodorus L Ponsioen
University Medical Center Groningen and University of Groningen, Department of Ophthalmology, Groningen, The Netherlands
Mol Vis 14:652-60. 2008..To investigate the capacity of cultured Müller cells to synthesize collagens, since previous studies indicated that Müller cells could be involved in collagen remodeling at the vitreoretinal border in adult human eyes...
- Mature enzymatic collagen cross-links, hydroxylysylpyridinoline and lysylpyridinoline, in the aging human vitreousTheodorus L Ponsioen
Departments of Ophthalmology, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:1041-6. 2009..Since the enzymatic collagen cross-links hydroxylysylpyridinoline (HP) and lysylpyridinoline (LP) are known to be important for the integrity of the collagen matrix, the presence in the vitreous on aging was studied...