G J Offerhaus
Affiliation: University Medical Center Utrecht
Country: The Netherlands
- A novel pathogenic MLH1 missense mutation, c.112A > C, p.Asn38His, in six families with Lynch syndromeEls Van Riel
Department of Medical Genetics, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Lundlaan 6, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Hered Cancer Clin Pract 8:7. 2010..The pathogenicity of this variant was unknown. We aim to elucidate the pathogenicity of this MLH1 variant in order to counsel these families adequately and to enable predictive testing in healthy at-risk relatives...
- Neoadjuvant chemoradiation followed by surgery versus surgery alone for patients with adenocarcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus (CROSS)M van Heijl
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Surg 8:21. 2008..The concept that this neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy regimen improves overall survival has, however, to be proven in a randomized phase III trial...
- Grading gastrointestinal dysplasia and what to call it when you don't know what it isG J Offerhaus
Department of Pathology, University Medical Center Utrecht, PB 85500, 3508 GA, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Pathol 212:121-3. 2007..Research in this field needs to focus on a combination of biomarkers representing genetic instability, clonal mutations, and genetic clonal divergence...
- No evidence for functional inactivation of wild-type p53 protein by MDM2 overexpression in gastric carcinogenesisP Blok
Department of Pathology, Westeinde Ziekenhuis, The Hague, The Netherlands
J Pathol 186:36-40. 1998..In conclusion, it appears that functional inactivation of wild-type p53 by MDM2 protein overexpression plays no role in (early) gastric carcinogenesis...
- K-ras mutations in gastric stump carcinomas and in carcinomas from the non-operated stomachB P van Rees
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hepatogastroenterology 46:2063-8. 1999..The aim of this study was to compare the prevalence of K-ras codon 12 point mutations in gastric stump carcinomas with those in conventional carcinomas from the non-operated stomach...
- Molecular analysis of sulindac-resistant adenomas in familial adenomatous polyposisJ J Keller
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 7:4000-7. 2001..Therefore, we investigated molecular alterations in adenomas from FAP patients with complete adenoma regression on sulindac (responsive patients) and from FAP patients with sulindac-resistant adenomas (resistant patients)...
- Small cell carcinoma of the gallbladder: a clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular pathology study of 12 casesA Maitra
Departments of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:595-601. 2001..In contrast to pulmonary small cell carcinomas, p16INK4a function appears to be abrogated more frequently in these carcinomas...
- [Cystadenomas with ovarian stroma in liver and pancreas: indications of embryonic migration of the gonadal epithelium]M Poelma
Academisch Medisch Centrum Universiteit van Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 148:320-5. 2004..To provide an embryological explanation for the presence of ovarian stroma in cystadenomas of the liver and pancreas...
- Narrow-band imaging compared with conventional colonoscopy for the detection of dysplasia in patients with longstanding ulcerative colitisE Dekker
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Endoscopy 39:216-21. 2007..The aim of this study was to compare the accuracy of narrow-band imaging (NBI), a new imaging technique, with standard colonoscopy for the detection of neoplasia in patients with longstanding ulcerative colitis...