E M Heuts
Affiliation: University Hospital Maastricht
Country: The Netherlands
- Internal mammary lymph drainage and sentinel node biopsy in breast cancer - A study on 1008 patientsE M Heuts
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 35:252-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine the likelihood of finding IM lymph node metastases in case of IM hotspots on lymphoscintigraphy and evaluate the relevance of IMSN biopsy as a method to improve staging...
- Results of tailored treatment for breast cancer patients with internal mammary lymph node metastasesE M Heuts
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, Postbus 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
Breast 18:254-8. 2009..However, long-term follow-up data, preferably in larger series, are needed to support our findings...
- Additional tracer injection to improve the technical success rate of lymphoscintigraphy for sentinel node biopsy in breast cancerE M Heuts
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1156-63. 2009..The aim of this study is to determine the value of additional tracer injection to increase the technical success rate of the SN procedure and to identify factors that influence the ability to visualize hotspots...
- Results of sentinel node biopsy not affected by previous excisional biopsyE M Heuts
Department of Surgery, Maaslandziekenhuis, Walramstraat 23, 6131 BK Sittard, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:278-81. 2006..Patients with previous excisional biopsy are regarded as ineligible for SN biopsy. We evaluated the results of SN biopsy for this group of patients based on confirmatory axillary lymph node dissection...
- Prevalence of lymphoedema more than five years after breast cancer treatmentT R Lopez Penha
Department of Surgery, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 37:1059-63. 2011..This report aims to describe the long-term prevalence of BCRL and secondly, to compare the long-term prevalence of BCRL when assessed by two objective measures and one subjective measure...
- The quality of life in long-term breast cancer survivors with breast cancer related lymphedemaT R Lopez Penha
Department of Surgery, Maastricht University Medical Centre, PO Box 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht, Netherlands
Acta Chir Belg 114:239-44. 2014..To compare the health related quality of life (HRQOL) of long-term breast cancer survivors with and without breast cancer related lymphedema (BCRL) treated in the sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) era...