Affiliation: University of Amsterdam
Country: The Netherlands
- Increased proliferation reflects glial and vascular-associated changes, but not neurogenesis in the presenile Alzheimer hippocampusKarin Boekhoorn
Center for Neuroscience, Swammerdam Institute of Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Kruislaan 320, 1098 SM Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Dis 24:1-14. 2006..They reflect clear differences in proliferative responsivity, particularly in the glia and vascular components, and suggest different underlying mechanisms in these groups...
- Doublecortin (DCX) and doublecortin-like (DCL) are differentially expressed in the early but not late stages of murine neocortical developmentKarin Boekhoorn
Center for Neuroscience, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Comp Neurol 507:1639-52. 2008..Given its involvement in mitosis, DCL appears to have a unique role in the early neuroepithelium that is different from later developmental stages when DCX is coexpressed...
- Improved long-term potentiation and memory in young tau-P301L transgenic mice before onset of hyperphosphorylation and tauopathyKarin Boekhoorn
Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, Center for Neuroscience, University of Amsterdam, 1098 SM Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurosci 26:3514-23. 2006....
- Changes in neurogenesis in dementia and Alzheimer mouse models: are they functionally relevant?H Georg Kuhn
Center for Brain Repair and Rehabilitation, Institute for Neuroscience and Physiology, Goteborg University, Medicianregatan 11, 40530 Goteborg, Sweden
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 257:281-9. 2007..It is the scope of this review to summarize and analyze the recent data from neurogenesis research with respect to Alzheimer's disease and its animal models...
- Doublecortin-like, a microtubule-associated protein expressed in radial glia, is crucial for neuronal precursor division and radial process stabilityErno Vreugdenhil
Division of Medical Pharmacology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurosci 25:635-48. 2007..In addition, they indicate crucial involvement of DCLK in RG proliferation and their radial process stability, a finding that has thus far not been attributed to DCX or DCLK...
- Tau-4R suppresses proliferation and promotes neuronal differentiation in the hippocampus of tau knockin/knockout miceKristina Sennvik
Experimental Genetics Group, Department Human Genetics, KULeuven Campus Gasthuisberg ON1 06 602, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
FASEB J 21:2149-61. 2007..We suggest that the tau-4R isoform essentially contributes to hippocampal development by controlling proliferation and differentiation of neuronal precursors...