Affiliation: TNO Quality of Life
Country: The Netherlands
- Leisure pilot license proposed for Europe: do you want such pilots crossing your flight path?Ries Simons
Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research TNO, Soesterberg, The Netherlands
Aviat Space Environ Med 80:663-4. 2009..We argue that the proposed minimum age, validity period of the medical certificate, and issuance of certificates by general practitioners may increase the flight safety risk. Major revision of the proposed LPL regulation is recommended...
- [Night duty: increased risk of errors]Marinus Simons
TNO Defensie en Veiligheid, afd Gedrag, training en prestatie, Soesterberg, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 153:A1041. 2009....
- Effects of dexamphetamine with and without alcohol on simulated drivingRies Simons
Department of Behavioral and Social Sciences, TNO Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research, P O Box 23, 3769 ZG, Soesterberg, Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 222:391-9. 2012..In party circuits dexamphetamine is frequently used in combination with alcohol. It is hypothesized that co-administration of dexamphetamine to alcohol might reduce the sedative effects of alcohol, but may potentiate risk-taking behaviour...
- Sleep and alertness in North Sea helicopter operationsRies Simons
Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research TNO, P O Box 23, 3769 ZG Soesterberg, Netherlands
Aviat Space Environ Med 82:704-10. 2011..In the context of a Ministry of Transport program to improve safety levels of helicopter operations, we assessed effects of pre-duty sleep, pre-duty travel time, and workload factors on the alertness and vigilance of pilots...
- Usefulness of temazepam and zaleplon to induce afternoon sleepRies Simons
TNO Human Factors, Aerospace Medicine Group, P O Box 23, 3769 ZG Soesterberg, The Netherlands
Mil Med 171:998-1001. 2006..Conclusion: Temazepam is useful to optimize a 4.5-hour afternoon sleep before overnight missions. Irrespective of hypnotic treatment, sleepiness and fatigue increased during the night shift...
- Cognitive Performance Effects of Bilastine 20 mg During 6 Hours at 8000 ft Cabin AltitudePierre J L Valk
TNO, Soesterberg, The Netherlands
Aerosp Med Hum Perform 87:622-7. 2016..We assessed the effects of a single dose of bilastine 20 mg on alertness and complex task performance of healthy volunteers in a hypobaric chamber at 75.2 kPa (8000 ft/2438 m cabin altitude)...
- Malaria prophylaxis for aircrew: safety of atovaquone/proguanil in healthy volunteers under aircraft cabin pressure conditionsRies Simons
TNO Human Factors Institute, Soesterberg, The Netherlands
J Travel Med 12:210-6. 2005..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the risk of detrimental effects of atovaquone/proguanil on flight-related performance and alertness in healthy subjects under conditions of aircraft cabin pressure...