Paul L Kocken
Affiliation: TNO Quality of Life
Country: The Netherlands
- Ethnicity, educational level and attitudes contribute to parental intentions about genetic testing for child obesityPaul L Kocken
Department of Child Health, TNO, P O Box 2215, 2301, CE, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Community Genet 4:243-50. 2013..Education programmes about obesity risk, genetic testing and the importance of behaviour change should be tailored to the cultural and behavioural factors relevant to ethnic and socio-economic target groups...
- Promoting the purchase of low-calorie foods from school vending machines: a cluster-randomized controlled studyPaul L Kocken
TNO, Child Health, P O Box 2215, 2301 CE Leiden, Netherlands
J Sch Health 82:115-22. 2012..Vending machines account for food sales and revenue in schools. We examined 3 strategies for promoting the sale of lower-calorie food products from vending machines in high schools in the Netherlands...
- Ethnic differences and parental beliefs are important for overweight prevention and management in children: a cross-sectional study in the NetherlandsPaul L Kocken
Department of Child Health, TNO, Leiden, 2301 CE, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 12:867. 2012....
- Effects of transfer-oriented curriculum on multiple behaviors in the NetherlandsLouk W H Peters
Department of Child Development and Education, University of Amsterdam, Nieuwe Prinsengracht 130, Amsterdam VZ 1018, The Netherlands TNO Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research, Leiden, The Netherlands
Health Promot Int 30:291-309. 2015..Multi-level analyses showed that the answer to both questions is positive. The results indicate that a transfer approach may have surplus value over the classic domain-specific approach and warrant further elaboration in the future...
- Effects of health education for migrant females with psychosomatic complaints treated by general practitioners. A randomised controlled evaluation studyPaul L Kocken
TNO Quality of Life, Health Promotion Department, P O Box 2215, 2301 CE Leiden, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 70:25-30. 2008..The effectiveness of use of migrant health educators in the general practitioners' care for female migrants with psychosomatic problems was evaluated to contribute to the improvement of the care for these patients...