Affiliation: TNO Prevention and Health
Country: The Netherlands
- Bullying: who does what, when and where? Involvement of children, teachers and parents in bullying behaviorM Fekkes
TNO Netherlands Organization of Applied Scientific Research Prevention and Health, PO Box 2215, 2301 CE Leiden, The Netherlands
Health Educ Res 20:81-91. 2005..In addition, teachers need to learn effective ways to deal with bullying incidents. Schools need to adopt a whole-school approach with their anti-bullying interventions...
- Health-related quality of life in relation to gender and age in couples planning IVF treatmentM Fekkes
TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, PO Box 2215, 2301 CE, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 18:1536-43. 2003..Specific subgroups of people planning IVF might be at risk of having more psychological or health-related problems. Identification of subgroups at risk may better enable allocation of appropriate counselling...
- [Reasons for having oneself vaccinated against HPV: implications for the future provision of information]Hilde M van Keulen
TNO, Afd Life Style, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 157:A5523. 2013..To examine which factors determined the participation in HPV vaccination programme in 2009 and 2010...
- Development and psychometric evaluation of the TAPQOL: a health-related quality of life instrument for 1-5-year-old childrenM Fekkes
Child Health Division, TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Qual Life Res 9:961-72. 2000..This study shows that the TAPQOL is a reliable and valid parent's perception of HRQoL in preschool children. More research is needed to evaluate the psychometric performance of the TAPQOL in different clinical populations...
- Effects of antibullying school program on bullying and health complaintsMinne Fekkes
Youth Department, TNO Prevention and Health, 2301 CE Leiden, The Netherlands
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:638-44. 2006..To evaluate the effects of an antibullying school intervention in elementary schools...
- Do bullied children get ill, or do ill children get bullied? A prospective cohort study on the relationship between bullying and health-related symptomsMinne Fekkes
Netherlands Organization of Applied Scientific Research TNO, Quality of Life, Leiden, The Netherlands
Pediatrics 117:1568-74. 2006..In our present study, we investigated whether victimization precedes psychosomatic and psychosocial symptoms or whether these symptoms precede victimization...
- Bullying behavior and associations with psychosomatic complaints and depression in victimsMinne Fekkes
Netherlands Organization of Applied Scientific Research Division Prevention and Health TNO PG, Leiden, and Municipal Health Service GGD, West Brabant, Breda, The Netherlands
J Pediatr 144:17-22. 2004..Subsequently, risks for psychosomatic symptoms and depression were calculated by means of odds ratios...
- Unidimensionality and reliability under Mokken scaling of the Dutch language version of the SF-36P G M van der Heijden
Department of Statistics, TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, The Netherlands
Qual Life Res 12:189-98. 2003..70), but that only physical functioning can be used for clinical applications of quality of life (alpha > 0.90). The relative merits of our approach are discussed...
- Are age references for waist circumference, hip circumference and waist-hip ratio in Dutch children useful in clinical practice?A Miranda Fredriks
TNO Prevention and Health, 2215, 2301 CE, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Pediatr 164:216-22. 2005..67, P <0.01) increased with age. With regard to WHR-SDS, a low correlation was found for 12.5-20 years of age ( r =0.2, P <0.01). WC-SDS correlated positively with height SDS ( r =0.35, P <0.01)...
- What parental characteristics can predict child maltreatment at the Emergency Department? Considering expansion of the Hague ProtocolHester M Diderich
aEmergency Department, Medical Centre Haaglanden bCampus The Hague, Leiden University, The Hague cDepartment of Child Health, TNO dWomen s and Family Health eSocial Pediatrics, Willem Alexander Children s Hospital, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Emerg Med 22:279-81. 2015..None of the characteristics were statistically significantly associated with child abuse. The Hague Protocol will not be improved by adding one or more of the characteristics that were investigated. ..
- Mainstream and special school attendance among a Dutch cohort of children with Down SyndromeJacobus P Van Wouwe
Department of Child Health, Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research TNO, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 9:e91737. 2014..To determine the level of mainstream education in a nationwide cohort of adolescents with Down Syndrome (DS), and to find characteristics related to mainstream or special school attendance...
- Development, problem behavior, and quality of life in a population based sample of eight-year-old children with Down syndromeHelma B M van Gameren-Oosterom
Department Child Health, Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research TNO, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e21879. 2011..Developmental outcomes were compared with normative data of eight-year-old children from the general population...