FLORA ELISABETH VAN LEEUWEN
Affiliation: The Netherlands Cancer Institute
Country: The Netherlands
- The Nightingale study: rationale, study design and baseline characteristics of a prospective cohort study on shift work and breast cancer risk among nursesAnouk Pijpe
Netherlands Cancer Institute, Department of Epidemiology, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Cancer 14:47. 2014..The study design, methods, and baseline characteristics of the cohort are described...
- Risk and prognostic significance of metachronous contralateral testicular germ cell tumoursM Schaapveld
Department of Psychosocial Research and Epidemiology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 107:1637-43. 2012..Testicular germ cell tumour (TGCT) patients are at increased risk of developing a contralateral testicular germ cell tumour (CTGCT). It is unclear whether TGCT treatment affects CTGCT risk...
- Exposure to diagnostic radiation and risk of breast cancer among carriers of BRCA1/2 mutations: retrospective cohort study (GENE-RAD-RISK)Anouk Pijpe
Netherlands Cancer Institute, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, Netherlands
BMJ 345:e5660. 2012..To estimate the risk of breast cancer associated with diagnostic radiation in carriers of BRCA1/2 mutations...
- A trial of consent procedures for future research with clinically derived biological samplesE Vermeulen
The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, Amsterdam 1066 CX, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 101:1505-12. 2009..The aims of this study were to determine which consent procedure patients prefer for use of stored tissue for research purposes and what the effects of consent procedures on actual consenting behaviour are...
- Endometrial cancer survival after breast cancer in relation to tamoxifen treatment: pooled results from three countriesMichael E Jones
Section of Epidemiology, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5NG, UK
Breast Cancer Res 14:R91. 2012..We investigated whether tamoxifen therapy increases mortality among breast cancer patients subsequently diagnosed with endometrial cancer...
- A nationwide study on reproductive function, ovarian reserve, and risk of premature menopause in female survivors of childhood cancer: design and methodological challengesAnnelies Overbeek
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Paediatric Oncology Haematology, VU University Medical Center, PO Box 7057, Amsterdam, 1007MB, The Netherlands
BMC Cancer 12:363. 2012....
- Risk of borderline and invasive ovarian tumours after ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilization in a large Dutch cohortF E van Leeuwen
Department of Epidemiology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 26:3456-65. 2011..Long-term effects of ovarian stimulation for IVF on the risk of ovarian malignancies are unknown...
- Combined effects of single nucleotide polymorphisms TP53 R72P and MDM2 SNP309, and p53 expression on survival of breast cancer patientsMarjanka K Schmidt
Departments of Epidemiology, Experimental Therapy and Pathology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res 11:R89. 2009..We investigated the effects of the germ-line single nucleotide polymorphisms TP53 R72P (215G>C) and MDM2 SNP309 (-410T>G), and p53 protein expression in breast tumors on survival...
- Identification of women with an increased risk of developing radiation-induced breast cancer: a case only studyAnnegien Broeks
Division of Experimental Therapy, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res 9:R26. 2007..Radiation exposure at a young age is one of the strongest risk factors for breast cancer. Germline mutations in genes involved in the DNA-damage repair pathway (DDRP) may render women more susceptible to radiation-induced breast cancer...
- Incidence of cancer in the area around Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in 1988-2003: a population-based ecological studyOtto Visser
Comprehensive Cancer Centre Amsterdam, PO Box 9236, 1006 AE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 5:127. 2005..We investigated whether residents of the area around Schiphol are at higher risk of developing cancer than the general Dutch population...
- Roles of radiation dose, chemotherapy, and hormonal factors in breast cancer following Hodgkin's diseaseFlora E van Leeuwen
Department of Epidemiology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:971-80. 2003..Female survivors of Hodgkin's disease (HD) have a strongly elevated risk of breast cancer, but factors responsible for the increased risk are not well known...
- Risk and prognosis of uterine corpus cancer after tamoxifen treatment for breastFlora van Leeuwen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Cox regression and conditional logistic regression will be used for the analyses of the final combined datasets. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..