Affiliation: Specialist Centre for Eating Disorders
Country: The Netherlands
- The Netherlands study of depression in older persons (NESDO); a prospective cohort studyHannie C Comijs
Department Psychiatry EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center GGZinGeest, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Res Notes 4:524. 2011..abstract:..
- ['Vascular depression': a valid diagnosis?]Paul Naarding
GGNet, afd Zorgeenheid Ouderen, Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 156:A3641. 2012..Therefore, it is important to develop new treatment strategies for this patient group. The method of staging and profiling of depression in the elderly can be useful in this...
- Vascular depression: where do we go from here?Paul Naarding
GGNet Mental Health Center for Old Age Psychiatry, PO Box 928, 7301 BD Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Expert Rev Neurother 11:77-83. 2011..Fourth, more research on vascular depression is needed, especially on interventions. Poststroke antidepressant and psychoeducation therapy and vascular preventive interventions can probably improve outcome...
- Apathy is not depression in Huntington's diseasePaul Naarding
GGNet Mental Health, Department of Old Age Psychiatry, Sprenge Building, Location Deventerstraat Apeldoorn, P O Box 2003, 7230 GC Warnsveld, The Netherlands
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 21:266-70. 2009..The authors found that apathy and depression are not related and are clearly distinct dimensions. Apathy was related to disease characteristics such as cognitive deterioration and functional decline, whereas depression was not...
- The symptom profile of vascular depressionPaul Naarding
GGNet, Centre for Old age Psychiatry, 7323 PT Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 24:965-9. 2009..The possibility of identifying depressed subjects at risk of a first cardiac event by their clinical presentation in general practice would have significant implications...
- Post-stroke dementia and depression: frontosubcortical dysfunction as missing link?Paul Naarding
GG Net, Department of Elderly Psychiatry, 7301 BD Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:1-8. 2007..Testing the hypothesis that depressive symptoms in dementia reflect dysfunction in fronto-subcortical pathways...
- Clinically defined vascular depression in the general populationPaul Naarding
Spatie, Centre for Mental Health, Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Psychol Med 37:383-92. 2007..It could have major implications for treatment if subjects at risk for such a depression could be easily identified by their clinical presentation in general practice...
- Depressive symptom quality and neuropsychological performance in dementiaJoost G E Janzing
Department of Psychiatry, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Spatie, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:479-84. 2005..It is unknown to what extent depression and cognitive dysfunction are related in subjects with dementia. A limitation of earlier studies is that only general measures of depression have been studied...
- A study on symptom profiles of late-life depression: the influence of vascular, degenerative and inflammatory risk-indicatorsPaul Naarding
Spatie, Center for Mental Health, PO Box 926, 7300 BD Apeldoorn and Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Affect Disord 88:155-62. 2005....
- Depression in vascular dementiaPaul Naarding
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:325-30. 2003..To study the presence of different dimensions of depression in subjects with vascular dementia...
- Disease-specific properties of the Rating Scale for Depression in patients with stroke, Alzheimer's dementia, and Parkinson's diseasePaul Naarding
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 14:329-34. 2002..These disease-specific cutoff scores were highest in PD, lower in AD, and lowest in stroke patients...