Carla J M Scholzel-Dorenbos
Affiliation: Slingeland Hospital
Country: The Netherlands
- Quality of life in dementia: a study on proxy biasAlexander M M Arons
Department for Health Evidence, Radboud University Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Med Res Methodol 13:110. 2013..However, caregiver assessments may be biased by several mechanisms. The current study explores whether caregivers project part of their own HRQoL in their assessments of patient HRQoL...
- Validation study of the prototype of a disease-specific index measure for health-related quality of life in dementiaCarla J M Scholzel-Dorenbos
Multidisciplinary Memory Clinic Slingeland Hospital Alzheimer Centre Nijmegen, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Kruisbergseweg 25, Doetinchem, 7009 BL, The Netherlands
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:118. 2012..Facing the increasing individual and societal burden of dementia, specific HRQoL values with metric characteristics are especially useful because they will provide vital information for health outcome research and economic evaluations...
- [Pharmacological therapy in Alzheimer's disease. Current clinical practice in The Netherlands]C J M Schölzel-Dorenbos
Geheugenpolikliniek Slingeland Ziekenhuis, Kruisbergseweg 25, 7009 BL Doetinchem
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 36:122-6. 2005..Extensive knowledge of the drugs, other treatment options and of dementia are necessary for good clinical practice in the treatment of these patients and the counselling of their caregivers...
- Evaluating the outcome of interventions on quality of life in dementia: selection of the appropriate scaleCarla J M Scholzel-Dorenbos
Memory Clinic Slingeland Hospital Alzheimer Centre Nijmegen, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:511-9. 2007....
- Assessment of quality of life as outcome in dementia and MCI intervention trials: a systematic reviewCarla J M Scholzel-Dorenbos
Memory Clinic Slingeland Hospital, Alzheimer Centre Nijmegen, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 21:172-8. 2007..Subsequently, QoL should be measured as relevant end point, both in patients and their proxies, in all clinical trials in dementia...
- Quality of life and burden of spouses of Alzheimer disease patientsCarla J M Scholzel-Dorenbos
Memory Clinic Slingeland Hospital Alzheimer Centre Nijmegen, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Kruisbergseweg 25, Doetinchem 7009 BL, The Netherlands
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 23:171-7. 2009..Burden, measured by ZBI, is significantly negatively correlated with SEIQoL. The results underline the importance of implementing health services known to improve QoL and alleviate burden, and to explore new effective interventions...
- Integrating unmet needs into dementia health-related quality of life research and care: Introduction of the Hierarchy Model of Needs in DementiaCarla J M Scholzel-Dorenbos
Multidisciplinary Memory Clinic Slingeland Hospital Alzheimer Centre Nijmegen, Radboud University Medical Centre Nijmegen, 7009 BL Doetinchem, The Netherlands
Aging Ment Health 14:113-9. 2010....
- Thurstone scaling revealed systematic health-state valuation differences between patients with dementia and proxiesAlexander M M Arons
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and HTA, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 65:897-905. 2012..The present explorative study investigates the feasibility and concurrent validity of using Thurstone scaling to elicit health-state values in patients with dementia and their proxies...