Country: The Netherlands
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for deliberate self-harmNadja Slee
Department of Clinical, Health, and Neuropsychology, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Crisis 28:175-82. 2007..An overview will be given of therapeutic techniques that can be used to address the cognitive, emotional, behavioral, and interpersonal problems associated with DSH...
- Cognitive-behavioural intervention for self-harm: randomised controlled trialNadja Slee
Department of Clinical, Health and Neuropsychology, Wassenaarseweg 52, PO Box 9555, 2300 RB Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Psychiatry 192:202-11. 2008..Self-harm by young people is occurring with increasing frequency. Conventional in-patient and out-patient treatment has yet to be proved efficacious...
- The influence of cognitive emotion regulation strategies and depression severity on deliberate self-harmNadja Slee
Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Suicide Life Threat Behav 38:274-86. 2008..These findings are discussed in relation to recent cognitive-behavioral interventions and specific therapeutic techniques to further insight into how these interventions might work...
- Emotion regulation as mediator of treatment outcome in therapy for deliberate self-harmNadja Slee
Unit of Clinical Psychology, Institute of Psychological Research, Leiden University, Wassenaarseweg, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Psychol Psychother 15:205-16. 2008..These findings suggest that interventions for DSH should not primarily focus on mental disorders associated with DSH, but should be DSH-specific and should target specific emotion-regulation difficulties...
- Childhood sexual abuse differentially predicts outcome of cognitive-behavioral therapy for deliberate self-harmPhilip Spinhoven
Department of Psychology and Psychiatry, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:455-7. 2009..Our results suggest that a structured treatment format and focus on adequate emotion regulation skills may be essential elements in the treatment of persons with DSH and a history of childhood sexual abuse...