Affiliation: Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Country: The Netherlands
- Can an EASYcare based dementia training programme improve diagnostic assessment and management of dementia by general practitioners and primary care nurses? The design of a randomised controlled trialM Perry
Department of Geriatric Medicine of Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Health Serv Res 8:71. 2008..We expect this program to increase the number of cognitive assessments and dementia diagnoses and to improve attitudes and knowledge of GPs and nurses...
- (Cost)-effectiveness of family meetings on indicated prevention of anxiety and depressive symptoms and disorders of primary family caregivers of patients with dementia: design of a randomized controlled trialKarlijn J Joling
Department of General Practice, Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Geriatr 8:2. 2008....
- Consultation in palliative care: the relevance of clarification of problemsMyrra J F J Vernooij-Dassen
Centre for Quality of Care Research WOK and Vocational Training General Practitioners, 117 Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 43:316-22. 2007..Explicit clarification of problems facilitates the identification and addressing of a more comprehensive and specific scope of problems...
- [The measurement of sense of competence in caregivers of patients with dementia]M Vernooij-Dassen
Centre for Quality of Care Research, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, NL 6500 Nijmegen Pays Bas
Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 51:227-35. 2003....
- Factors affecting timely recognition and diagnosis of dementia across Europe: from awareness to stigmaMyrra J F J Vernooij-Dassen
Alzheimer Centre Centre for Quality of Care Research Vocational training General Practitioners of University Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:377-86. 2005..Timely recognition and diagnosis of dementia is the pre-condition for improving dementia care, but diagnosis often occurs late in the disease process...
- Problems to discuss with cancer patients in palliative care: a comprehensive approachBart H P Osse
Center for Quality of Care Research HSV WOK229, University Medical Center St Radboud, P O Box 9101, 6500HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 47:195-204. 2002..A comprehensive checklist of relevant problems is presented...
- A practical instrument to explore patients' needs in palliative care: the Problems and Needs in Palliative Care questionnaire short versionBart H P Osse
Centre for Quality of Care Research WOK University Medical Centre St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Palliat Med 21:391-9. 2007....
- Living on borrowed time: experiences in palliative careMarieke M Groot
Centre for Quality of Care Research, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 65:381-6. 2007..To gain insight into the experiences of a palliative care patient and her husband who were living on borrowed time...
- Problems experienced by the informal caregivers of cancer patients and their needs for supportBart H P Osse
Centre for Quality of Care Research, University of Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cancer Nurs 29:378-88; quiz 389-90. 2006..Using structured needs assessments with the Problems and Needs in Palliative Care questionnaire-caregiver form seems a feasible method to identify the needs of individual caregivers in palliative care...
- Obstacles to the delivery of primary palliative care as perceived by GPsMarieke M Groot
Centre for Quality of Care Research 114, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Palliat Med 21:697-703. 2007..From previous research we learned about some of the problems experienced by GPs. In this survey we aimed to identify the prevalence of such problems in providing palliative care and its determinants...
- General practitioners (GPs) and palliative care: perceived tasks and barriers in daily practiceMarieke M Groot
Centre for Quality of Care Research 229, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Palliat Med 19:111-8. 2005..The quality of care can be improved by investigating and addressing barriers perceived by GPs in daily practice. The aim of this study was to investigate GPs' task perception and barriers involved in palliative care...
- Requests from professional care providers for consultation with palliative care consultation teamsMarieke M Groot
Centre for Quality of Care Research 229, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Support Care Cancer 13:920-8. 2005..Our aim was to investigate the extent to which professionals requested assistance from palliative care consultation teams and the reasons behind these requests to trace any gaps they experience in the provision of palliative care...
- How to conceptualize professionalism: a qualitative studyKalinka Van De Camp
Department of Postgraduate Training for General Practice, University Medical Centre St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Med Teach 26:696-702. 2004..These themes were considered accurate by the expert panel which supports the validity of the results. Our findings show that the concept of professionalism is multidimensional and should be conceptualized as such...
- The problems experienced by patients with cancer and their needs for palliative careBart H P Osse
Center of Quality of Care Research WOK, Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Support Care Cancer 13:722-32. 2005..To investigate the problems that patients experience and their met- and unmet needs for professional help. This information is necessary to tailor palliative care to patient needs...
- The effect on caregiver burden of a problem-based home visiting programme for frail older peopleRené J F Melis
Department of Geriatric Medicine 925, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, NL 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Age Ageing 38:542-7. 2009....
- Impact of diagnostic disclosure in dementia on patients and carers: qualitative case series analysisE Derksen
Alzheimer Centre Nijmegen, Centre for Quality of Care Research, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Aging Ment Health 10:525-31. 2006..Therefore regular practice should include the careful planning and performance of diagnostic disclosure...
- CAMDEX, can it be more efficient? Observational study on the contribution of four screening measures to the diagnosis of dementia by a memory clinic teamH Van Hout
Department of Geriatric Medicine, P O Box 9101, Academic Hospital St Radboud, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:64-9. 2001..To evaluate the efficiency of the CAMDEX by exploring the contribution of its four main screening measures to the diagnosis of dementia at a memory clinic...
- Spiritual issues in palliative care consultations in the NetherlandsAnnemieke Kuin
VU University Medical Center, Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine, Department of Public and Occupational Health, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Palliat Med 20:585-92. 2006..This study aims to understand which spiritual issues are discussed in these consultations and to determine which factors influence whether they are raised or not...
- The added value of assessing the 'most troublesome' symptom among patients with cancer in the palliative phaseJohanna Hoekstra
Department of General Practice, Division of Clinical Methods and Public Health, Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 65:223-9. 2007....
- Patient autonomy problems in palliative care: systematic development and evaluation of a questionnaireMyrra J F J Vernooij-Dassen
Center of Quality of Care Research, University of Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Pain Symptom Manage 30:264-70. 2005..86), followed by a concise 4-item version (PAQs) (Cronbach's alpha 0.71). Autonomy problems were more prevalent than pain problems. The development of the PAQ may help draw attention to autonomy problems...
- Facilitators and barriers in the implementation of the meeting centres model for people with dementia and their carersFranka J M Meiland
V U Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, EMGO Institute, Valeriusplein 9, 1075 BG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Health Policy 71:243-53. 2005..The findings were used, among other things, to develop an implementation guide, to facilitate the implementation of meeting centres...
- Palliative care consultation in The Netherlands: a nationwide evaluation studyAnnemieke Kuin
Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pain Symptom Manage 27:53-60. 2004..According to the requesting professionals, consultation was helpful and contributed to improving the quality of palliative care...