Alexander M M Arons
Affiliation: Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre
Country: The Netherlands
- Quality of life in dementia: a study on proxy biasAlexander M M Arons
Department for Health Evidence, Radboud University Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Med Res Methodol 13:110. 2013..However, caregiver assessments may be biased by several mechanisms. The current study explores whether caregivers project part of their own HRQoL in their assessments of patient HRQoL...
- Visual analogue scales: scale recalibration by patients with dementia and their proxiesAlexander M M Arons
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and HTA, Radboud University Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Qual Life Res 22:979-86. 2013..The current study attempts to investigate whether scale recalibration in a patient sample with cognitive limitations and proxies differs from the general population...
- Probabilistic choice models in health-state valuation research: background, theories, assumptions and applicationsAlexander M M Arons
Department for Health Evidence, Radboud University Medical Center, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 13:93-108. 2013..The objective of the article is to elucidate the position of each model and their applications for health-state valuation...
- Thurstone scaling revealed systematic health-state valuation differences between patients with dementia and proxiesAlexander M M Arons
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and HTA, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Epidemiol 65:897-905. 2012..The present explorative study investigates the feasibility and concurrent validity of using Thurstone scaling to elicit health-state values in patients with dementia and their proxies...
- Validation study of the prototype of a disease-specific index measure for health-related quality of life in dementiaCarla J M Scholzel-Dorenbos
Multidisciplinary Memory Clinic Slingeland Hospital Alzheimer Centre Nijmegen, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Kruisbergseweg 25, Doetinchem, 7009 BL, The Netherlands
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:118. 2012..Facing the increasing individual and societal burden of dementia, specific HRQoL values with metric characteristics are especially useful because they will provide vital information for health outcome research and economic evaluations...
- A Simple and Practical Index to Measure Dementia-Related Quality of LifeAlexander M M Arons
Department of Epidemiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Value Health 19:60-5. 2016..The optimal evaluation of such interventions, however, calls for a practical and credible patient-reported outcome measure...
- Quantification of health by scaling similarity judgmentsAlexander M M Arons
Department for Health Evidence, Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 9:e89091. 2014..It could be well suited for valuation of health states on specific regions of the health continuum that are problematic when applying conventional valuation techniques. These regions are the top-end, bottom-end, and states around 'dead'...