Affiliation: NV Organon
Country: The Netherlands
- Suppression of the inflammatory response in experimental arthritis is mediated via estrogen receptor alpha but not estrogen receptor betaJohn Dulos
Schering Plough Research Institute, PO Box 20, 5340 BH Oss, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R101. 2010..Estrogens bind both estrogen receptor (ER)alpha and beta. The contribution of ERalpha and ERbeta to ER-mediated immune modulation was studied in delayed type hypersensitivity (DTH) and in experimental arthritis..
- Severity of murine collagen-induced arthritis correlates with increased CYP7B activity: enhancement of dehydroepiandrosterone metabolism by interleukin-1betaJohn Dulos
Organon NV, Oss, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 50:3346-53. 2004..This study was undertaken to investigate the putative role of CYP7B in arthritis using murine collagen-induced arthritis (CIA), an interleukin-1beta (IL-1beta)-dependent model...
- CYP7B expression and activity in fibroblast-like synoviocytes from patients with rheumatoid arthritis: regulation by proinflammatory cytokinesJohn Dulos
University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 52:770-8. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate the presence of 7alpha-OH-DHEA in synovial samples and the cytokine regulation of CYP7B activity in fibroblast-like synoviocytes (FLS) from patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Tumour necrosis factor-alpha stimulates dehydroepiandrosterone metabolism in human fibroblast-like synoviocytes: a role for nuclear factor-kappaB and activator protein-1 in the regulation of expression of cytochrome p450 enzyme 7bJohn Dulos
Department of Pharmacology, N V Organon, Oss, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R1271-80. 2005..Our results are in accordance with presence of AP-1 and NF-kappaB binding sites in the Cyp7b promoter...
- DHEA metabolism in arthritis: a role for the p450 enzyme Cyp7b at the immune-endocrine crossroadJohn Dulos
Department of Pharmacology, Section Autoimmunity, Room RE3211, N V Organon, PO Box 20, 5340 BH Oss, The Netherlands
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1069:401-13. 2006..The role of the p450 enzyme Cyp7b in DHEA metabolism and its relevance in the arthritic process will be discussed...
- PD-1 blockade augments Th1 and Th17 and suppresses Th2 responses in peripheral blood from patients with prostate and advanced melanoma cancerJohn Dulos
Department of Immune Therapeutics, Merck Research Laboratories, MSD, Oss, The Netherlands
J Immunother 35:169-78. 2012..How these assays translate to the local antitumor response remains to be established in a clinical setting...
- Therapeutic antibody targeting of CD97 in experimental arthritis: the role of antigen expression, shedding, and internalization on the pharmacokinetics of anti-CD97 monoclonal antibody 1B2Dorien M de Groot
Schering Plough Research Institute, Oss, The Netherlands
J Immunol 183:4127-34. 2009..The pharmacokinetic profile of the 1B2 Ab illustrates the complexity of Ab elimination from an organism and stresses the importance of understanding Ag-Ab interactions when developing therapeutic mAbs...
- Discovery of selective and orally available spiro-3-piperidyl ATP-competitive MK2 inhibitorsAllard Kaptein
Merck Research Laboratories, MSD, Oss, The Netherlands
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 21:3823-7. 2011..This led to the identification of new MK2 inhibitors, such as (S)-23, with low nanomolar biochemical inhibition (EC(50) 7.4 nM) and submicromolar cellular target engagement activity (EC(50) 0.5 μM)...