Genomes and Genes
Laurens G van der Flier
Affiliation: Netherlands Institute of Ecology
Country: The Netherlands
- Stem cells, self-renewal, and differentiation in the intestinal epitheliumLaurens G van der Flier
Hubrecht Institute, Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences and University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 CT, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Annu Rev Physiol 71:241-60. 2009..These studies describe a genetic hierarchy responsible for cell fate commitment in normal gut physiology. Where relevant we also mention aberrant deregulation of these molecular pathways that results in colon cancer...
- Arginine deficiency augments inflammatory mediator production by airway epithelial cells in vitroXiao Yun Fan
Department of Pulmonology, The Geriatric Institute of Anhui, The First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui, PR China
Respir Res 10:62. 2009..Availability of the non-essential amino acid arginine in the inflamed airway mucosa of patients with asthma is reduced markedly, but it is not known whether this can also lead to an exaggerated production of IL-6 and IL-8...
- Ascl2 acts as an R-spondin/Wnt-responsive switch to control stemness in intestinal cryptsJurian Schuijers
Hubrecht Institute, Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences KNAW, University Medical Centre Utrecht, CancerGenomics nl, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cell Stem Cell 16:158-70. 2015..In turn, Ascl2, together with β-catenin/Tcf, activates the genes fundamental to the stem cell state. In this manner, Ascl2 forms a transcriptional switch that is both Wnt responsive and Wnt dependent to define stem cell identity. ..
- Genome-wide pattern of TCF7L2/TCF4 chromatin occupancy in colorectal cancer cellsPantelis Hatzis
Hubrecht Institute, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Biol 28:2732-44. 2008..The TCF4-binding regions significantly correlate with Wnt-responsive gene expression profiles derived from primary human adenomas and often behave as beta-catenin/TCF4-dependent enhancers in transient reporter assays...
- Robust cre-mediated recombination in small intestinal stem cells utilizing the olfm4 locusJurian Schuijers
Hubrecht Institute for Developmental Biology and Stem Cells, University Medical Centre Utrecht, University of Utrecht, Utrecht, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Stem Cell Reports 3:234-41. 2014..The eGFPCreERT2 fusion protein faithfully marks all stem cells in the small intestine and induces the activation of a conditional LacZ reporter with robust efficiency...
- Intestinal crypt homeostasis results from neutral competition between symmetrically dividing Lgr5 stem cellsHugo J Snippert
Hubrecht Institute, KNAW and University Medical Center Utrecht, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cell 143:134-44. 2010..Quantitative analysis shows that stem cell turnover follows a pattern of neutral drift dynamics...
- The Intestinal Wnt/TCF SignatureLaurens G van der Flier
Hubrecht Institute, Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology and Centre for Biomedical Genetics, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 132:628-32. 2007..In colorectal cancer, activating mutations in the Wnt pathway transform epithelial cells through the inappropriate expression of a TCF4 target gene program, which is physiologically expressed in intestinal crypts...