Ai Min Bao
Affiliation: Netherlands Institute of Ecology
Country: The Netherlands
- The stress system in the human brain in depression and neurodegenerationDick F Swaab
Netherlands Institute for Brain Research, Meibergdreef 33, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ageing Res Rev 4:141-94. 2005..Although cortisol and CRH may well be causally involved in the signs and symptoms of depression, there is so far no evidence for any major irreversible damage in the human hippocampus in this disorder...
- Gender difference in age-related number of corticotropin-releasing hormone-expressing neurons in the human hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus and the role of sex hormonesAi Min Bao
Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuroendocrinology 85:27-36. 2007....
- The stress system in depression and neurodegeneration: focus on the human hypothalamusA M Bao
Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Meibergdreef 47, 1105 BA Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Brain Res Rev 57:531-53. 2008..However, in postmortem studies we could not find the presumed hippocampal damage of steroid overexposure in either depressed patients or in patients treated with synthetic steroids...
- (Re-)activation of neurons in aging and dementia: lessons from the hypothalamusDick F Swaab
Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Institute of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Exp Gerontol 46:178-84. 2011..In brief, these examples of the 'use it or lose it' principle during the course of aging or AD now provide novel targets for the development of therapeutic strategies aiming at the prevention and treatment of AD...
- Alterations in the histaminergic system in Alzheimer's disease: a postmortem studyLing Shan
Department of Neurobiology, Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology of Ministry of Health of China, Zhejiang Province Key Laboratory of Neurobiology, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Neurobiol Aging 33:2585-98. 2012..011) and of the glia markers, glial fibrillary acidic protein-mRNA, vimentin-mRNA and proteolipid protein-mRNA. These findings indicate the presence of regional changes in the TMN that are at least partly gender-dependent...
- Colocalization of corticotropin-releasing hormone and oestrogen receptor-alpha in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus in mood disordersAi Min Bao
Department of Endocrinology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui, People s Republic of China
Brain 128:1301-13. 2005..The increased numbers of neurons expressing CRH in mood disorders is accompanied by increased ORalpha colocalization in the nucleus of these neurons. These changes seem to be trait- rather than state-related...
- Circadian rhythm of salivary serotonin in patients with major depressive disorderZhong Lin Tan
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale, and Department of Neurobiology, School of Life Science, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei Jinzhai Road 96, Anhui 230026, China
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 28:395-400. 2007..The present study aimed to explore the circadian rhythm of salivary serotonin in patients with major depressive disorder before and after treatment with fluoxetine and its relationship with clinical therapeutic effect...