W H van der Poel
Affiliation: National Institute for Public Health and the Environment
Country: The Netherlands
- ["Emerging" viral zoonoses in native animals who can be the host in the Netherlands]W H van der Poel
Microbiologisch laboratorium voor GezondheidsBescherming MGB Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu, Bilthoven
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 124:3-11. 1999..Rabies virus, hantavirus, influenza virus tick-borne encephalitis virus, borna disease virus and prions will be discussed...
- Norwalk-like calicivirus genes in farm animalsW H van der Poel
National Institute of Public Health, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Emerg Infect Dis 6:36-41. 2000..While zoonotic transmission has not been proven, these findings suggest that calves and pigs may be reservoir hosts of NLVs...
- Hepatitis E virus sequences in swine related to sequences in humans, The NetherlandsW H van der Poel
Microbiological Laboratory for Health Protection, National Institute of Public Health and Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Emerg Infect Dis 7:970-6. 2001..Our data show that HEV in swine in the Netherlands are genetically closely related to HEV isolates from humans. Although zoonotic transmission has not been proven, these findings suggest that swine may be reservoir hosts of HEV...
- Epidemiology of Norwalk-like virus infections in cattle in The NetherlandsWim H M van der Poel
Microbiological Laboratory for Health Protection MGB, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, P O Box 1, Antonie van Leeuwenhoeklaan 9, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Vet Microbiol 92:297-309. 2003..6%. Our data shows that NLV is endemic in the cattle population in The Netherlands and genetically distinct from NLVs in humans...
- [Identification of an introduced bovine herpesvirus type 1 strain in a closed dairy herd by experimental virus reactivation followed by DNA restriction enzyme analysis]W H van der Poel
Faculteit der Diergeneeskunde Hoofdafdeling Bedrijfsdiergeneeskunde en Voortplanting, Universiteit Utrecht, Postbus 80151, 3508 TD Utrecht
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 125:714-7. 2000..There was no indication that Tracherine had recirculated...