Rob AH van Hest
Affiliation: Municipal Public Health Service
Country: The Netherlands
- A Mycobacterium tuberculosis cluster demonstrating the use of genotyping in urban tuberculosis controlGerard De Vries
Department of Tuberculosis Control, Municipal Public Health Service Rotterdam Rijnmond, P O Box 70032, 3000 LP Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Infect Dis 9:151. 2009..DNA fingerprinting of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates offers better opportunities to study links between tuberculosis (TB) cases and can highlight relevant issues in urban TB control in low-endemic countries...
- [Tuberculosis control in homeless persons in European Union: more than words alone]Rob van Hest
Serviciul Municipal de Sănătate Publică, Rotterdam, Olanda Municipal Public Health Service
Pneumologia 58:84-7. 2009....
- Record-linkage and capture-recapture analysis to estimate the incidence and completeness of reporting of tuberculosis in England 1999-2002N A H van Hest
Tuberculosis Control Section, Division of Infectious Disease Control, Municipal Public Health Service Rotterdam Rijnmond, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Epidemiol Infect 136:1606-16. 2008..Completeness of notification estimated by a log-linear capture-recapture model was highly inconsistent with prior estimates and the validity of this methodology was further examined...
- Estimating the coverage of a targeted mobile tuberculosis screening programme among illicit drug users and homeless persons with truncated modelsN A H van Hest
Tuberculosis Control Section, Municipal Public Health Service Rotterdam Rijnmond, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Epidemiol Infect 136:628-35. 2008..We assumed that the most likely overall bias in this study would be overestimation and therefore the coverage of the targeted mobile tuberculosis screening programme would be higher...
- Incidence and completeness of notification of Legionnaires' disease in The Netherlands: covariate capture-recapture analysis acknowledging regional differencesN A H van Hest
Department of Infectious Disease Control, Municipal Public Health Service Rotterdam Rijnmond, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Epidemiol Infect 136:540-50. 2008..Covariate capture-recapture analysis acknowledging regional differences of LD incidence appears to reduce bias in the estimated national incidence rate...
- Estimating infectious diseases incidence: validity of capture-recapture analysis and truncated models for incomplete count dataN A H van Hest
Division of Infectious Disease Control, Municipal Public Health Service Rotterdam Area, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Epidemiol Infect 136:14-22. 2008....
- Completeness of notification of tuberculosis in The Netherlands: how reliable is record-linkage and capture-recapture analysis?N A H van Hest
Department of Infectious Disease Control, Rotterdam Public Health Service, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Epidemiol Infect 135:1021-9. 2007..This study demonstrates the possible impact of violation of assumptions underlying capture-recapture analysis, especially the perfect record-linkage, perfect positive predictive value and absent three-way interaction assumptions...
- Mycobacterium heckeshornense infection in an immunocompetent patient and identification by 16S rRNA sequence analysis of culture material and a histopathology tissue specimenRob van Hest
Department of Tuberculosis Control, Municipal Health Service Rotterdam, P O Box 70032, 3000 LP Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 42:4386-9. 2004..We performed simultaneous 16S rRNA sequence analysis of a mycobacterium culture and a histopathology specimen to determine the relevance of M. heckeshornense infection in an immunocompetent patient initially presenting with pneumothorax...
- Hepatotoxicity of rifampin-pyrazinamide and isoniazid preventive therapy and tuberculosis treatmentRob van Hest
Department of Tuberculosis Control, Municipal Health Service, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 39:488-96. 2004..Severe liver injury has been attributed to preventive treatment of latent tuberculosis infection with a 2-month course of rifampin-pyrazinamide...
- Cavitating tuberculosis in an infant: case report and literature reviewRob van Hest
Department of Tuberculosis Control, Municipal Health Service Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Infect Dis J 23:667-70. 2004..We describe an 8-month-old baby with primary cavitating tuberculosis, in whom there was considerable delay in diagnosis, and review the literature...
- [Delay in the diagnosis of tuberculosis]N A van Hest
Gemeentelijke Gezondheidsdienst Rotterdam e o, afd Tuberculose bestrijding, Postbus 70 032, 3000 LP Rotterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 147:1825-9. 2003....
- [Considerable underreporting of malaria in the Netherlands; a capture-recapture analysis]N A van Hest
Gemeentelijke Gezondheidsdienst voor Rotterdam en Omstreken, afd Tuberculosebestrijding, Postbus 70 032, 3000 LP Rotterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 145:175-9. 2001..To estimate the completeness of notification of malaria by physicians and laboratories in the Netherlands...
- The cost-utility of rotavirus vaccination with Rotarix (RIX4414) in the NetherlandsLucas M A Goossens
Institute for Medical Technology Assessment, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Vaccine 26:1118-27. 2008..Based on the current study, it is clear that mass vaccination with Rotarix against rotavirus gastroenteritis can be attractive, from an economic and a health care perspective...