Steven J R Meex
Affiliation: Maastricht University
Country: The Netherlands
- Up-regulation of CD36/FAT in preadipocytes in familial combined hyperlipidemiaSteven J R Meex
Laboratory of Molecular Metabolism and Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Maastricht, The Netherlands
FASEB J 19:2063-5. 2005..The present data suggest that CD36/FAT overexpression in FCHL occurs very early in adipocyte differentiation and may be of genetic origin...
- Activating transcription factor 6 polymorphisms and haplotypes are associated with impaired glucose homeostasis and type 2 diabetes in Dutch CaucasiansSteven J R Meex
Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Maastricht, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2720-5. 2007..Activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) is critical for initiation and full activation of the unfolded protein response. An association between genetic variation in ATF6 and type 2 diabetes (DM2) was recently reported in Pima Indians...
- Upstream transcription factor 1 (USF1) in risk of type 2 diabetes: association study in 2000 Dutch CaucasiansSteven J R Meex
University of Maastricht, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht CARIM, Department of Internal Medicine, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Mol Genet Metab 94:352-5. 2008..5%. In conclusion, the major allele of rs2073658 in the USF1 gene is associated with a modestly increased risk to develop type 2 diabetes in Dutch Caucasians, with considerable impact at the population level...
- The ATF6-MetVal substitution is associated with increased plasma cholesterol levelsSteven J R Meex
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1322-7. 2009..We used a 2-stage design to investigate whether ATF6 polymorphisms are associated with lipids in subjects at increased risk for cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- Direct comparison of clinical decision limits for cardiac troponin T and IDorien M Kimenai
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Maastricht University Medical Centre MUMC, Maastricht, the Netherlands Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht CARIM, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Heart 102:610-6. 2016....