G R M M Haenen
Affiliation: Maastricht University
Country: The Netherlands
- The use of vitamin supplements in self-medicationG R M M Haenen
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, Maastricht University, POB 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Therapie 57:119-22. 2002..Via diverse sources there is an uncontrolled supply of vitamins. Educating the consumer on vitamins is therefore the only way to come to a rational use of vitamin supplements in self medication...
- Analysis of oxidative DNA damage after human dietary supplementation with linoleic acidT M C M de Kok
Department of Health Risk Analysis and Toxicology, University Maastricht, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Food Chem Toxicol 41:351-8. 2003..Therefore, we see no scientific basis to reconsider the public health policy to stimulate the intake of polyunsaturated fatty acids aimed at the reduction of coronary heart diseases...
- Lack of inhibition of endothelial nitric oxide synthase in the isolated rat aorta by doxorubicinG J M den Hartog
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Maastricht, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Toxicol In Vitro 17:165-7. 2003..Direct measurement of nitrite, the metabolite of NO*, by the Griess assay confirmed our observation that NO*)production is not inhibited by doxorubicin...
- Oxidant metabolism in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseA W Boots
Dept of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J Suppl 46:14s-27s. 2003..A diet designed to reduce chronic metabolic stress might form an effective therapeutic strategy in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease...
- Protectors against doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity: flavonoidsA Bast
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Cell Biol Toxicol 23:39-47. 2007..From a study in human volunteers, we conclude that an intravenous dose of 1500 mg/m(2) of 7-monohydroxyethylrutoside is feasible and is safe to be investigated as protection against doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity...
- The olive oil antioxidant hydroxytyrosol efficiently protects against the oxidative stress-induced impairment of the NObullet response of isolated rat aortaS J Rietjens
Departments of 1Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1931-6. 2007..The present study provides a molecular basis for the contribution of hydroxytyrosol to the benefits of the Mediterranean diet...
- The thiol reactivity of the oxidation product of 3,5,7-trihydroxy-4H-chromen-4-one containing flavonoidsG Michels
Institute of Toxicology, University of Dusseldorf, P O Box 101007, 4001 Duesseldorf, Germany
Toxicol Lett 151:105-11. 2004..This should be considered in application of these types of antioxidants...