Jan W Dallinga
Affiliation: Maastricht University
Country: The Netherlands
- Decreased human semen quality and organochlorine compounds in bloodJan W Dallinga
Department of Health Risk Analysis and Toxicology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Maastricht University, P O Box 616, 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 17:1973-9. 2002..Various studies have been performed in which potential effects of xenoestrogens on fertility or sperm parameters were investigated by comparing groups of subjects exposed to different levels of these chemicals...
- Profiling of volatile organic compounds in exhaled breath as a strategy to find early predictive signatures of asthma in childrenAgnieszka Smolinska
Department of Toxicology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht NUTRIM, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands Top Institute Food and Nutrition, Wageningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 9:e95668. 2014..In conclusion, we showed that VOCs in the exhaled breath predict the subsequent development of asthma which might guide early treatment. ..
- Potential role of cytochrome P450-1B1 in the metabolic activation of 4-aminobiphenyl in humansHans B Ketelslegers
Department of Health Risk Analysis and Toxicology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Mol Carcinog 48:685-91. 2009....
- The effect of the trolox equivalent antioxidant capacity (TEAC) in plasma on the formation of 4-aminobiphenylhaemoglobin adducts in smokersJan W Dallinga
Department of Health Risk Analysis and Toxicology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Biomarkers 7:291-8. 2002..The multiple regression analysis results show that the measure of effect (4-ABP-Hb adduct formation) is largely determined by dose (cotinine) and protection (TEAC)...
- Profile of volatile organic compounds in exhaled breath changes as a result of gluten-free dietAgnieszka Baranska
Top Institute Food and Nutrition, Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Breath Res 7:037104. 2013..Although the exact origin of the discriminating compounds is not yet known, the main goal of this paper was to share a new potential use of exhaled air analysis and might become a useful tool in fields of nutrition and metabolism. ..
- Neutrophil-mediated formation of carcinogenic N-nitroso compounds in an in vitro model for intestinal inflammationIngrid T M Vermeer
Department of Health Risk Analysis and Toxicology, Maastricht University, P O Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Toxicol Lett 154:175-82. 2004..However, the observed relatively low level of nitrosation suggests that also other risk factors are contributing to the association between chronic inflammation and colon cancer risk...
- Analysis of volatile organic compounds in exhaled breath by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry combined with chemometric analysisJan W Dallinga
Department of Toxicology, Maastricht University, 616, Maastricht, MD, 6200, The Netherlands
Methods Mol Biol 1198:251-63. 2014..Among various techniques available for breath analysis, GC-MS provides the most extensive information with regard to the qualitative and quantitative presence of VOCs in breath. ..
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis: a non-invasive diagnosis by analysis of exhaled breathFroukje J Verdam
Department of General Surgery, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Hepatol 58:543-8. 2013..Since analysis of volatile organic compounds in breath has been shown to accurately identify subjects with other chronic inflammatory diseases, we investigated its potential as a non-invasive tool to diagnose NASH...
- Exhaled breath profiling in diagnosing wheezy preschool childrenKim D G van de Kant
Dept of Paediatric Pulmonology, School for Public Health and Primary Care, Caphri, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 41:183-8. 2013..VOC profiles are able to distinguish children with and without recurrent wheeze with a reasonable accuracy. This proof of principle paves the way for additional research on VOCs in preschool wheezing...
- The versatile use of exhaled volatile organic compounds in human health and diseaseAgnes W Boots
Department of Toxicology, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
J Breath Res 6:027108. 2012..As monitoring tool, breathomics can be applied to elucidate the heterogeneity observed in chronic diseases, to study the pathogen(s) responsible for occurring infections and to monitor treatment efficacy...
- CYP1A2 and NAT2 genotype/phenotype relations and urinary excretion of 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine (PhIP) in a human dietary intervention studyHarald J J Moonen
Department of Health Risk Analysis and Toxicology, University of Maastricht, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Food Chem Toxicol 42:869-78. 2004....